Who are your Top 3 Comedians?

sameerthewriter

Can we name dead ones?

George Carlin – I’ve been watching him on youtube lately, part of his greatness is how he combines comedy with biting social commentary.
Phylis Diller
Rodney Dangerfield
Don Rickles
Joan Rivers
Rita Rudner
Jackie Gleason
Lucile Ball

Sorry I couldn’t stop at 3.

I have watched George Carlin and Joan Rivers before. Both are good, in my opinion but George Carlin is more of a social satirist than a comedian. I always enjoy watching that dirty old man but he has never been able to make me laugh.

Joan Rivers had a very good timing but she used to tell a lot of XXX jokes which I don’t like in general.

Thanks for listing other comedians that you like, I will watch them all for sure.

Have a Great Day!

I enjoy Voltaire whether I’m going through an existential crisis or not. Candide was a satire focusing on the ridiculous optimism in the gravest of circumstances–something that he knew very well.

Besides, he had great “last words”. He’s about to die, and a friend asks him if he wants to do that last rites catholic thing, and he says “now, this is NOT the time to be making enemies”.

I prefer Beethoven’s though. plaudite, amici, comedia finita est." (“applaud, friends–the comedy is finally over”).

Is it so-called humor? That’s an individual’s judgement, of course. But both these men were, in my view, special. Too call them pessimists is to dismiss them… and, in my view, your statement merely proves what Candide was all about.

Take a weekend off and all will be well? lol.

Try again.

Archived