Who is going to pay me for the work I already started?

I got this note from Fiver::

Hi josipher32, We have been informed that a dispute was opened for your order FO34B1AFC167: promote your Crowdfunding Charity or Fundraising project. As a result, we are forced to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work. Please note that in some cases disputes are nothing more than temporary holds that are put on funds to make sure that they were authorized by the buyer. The dispute does not indicate that the buyer initiated it. If the dispute gets resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your gig. Thanks, The Fiverr Team

But I already started the work. Who is going to pay me for the work already started?

Sellers sometimes get those notices when there has been a Paypal dispute and the money is automatically removed from your account. It is part of the price you pay for being self employed and is called the cost of doing business.

You don’t get paid. This happens from time to time when working on a platform such as Fiverr which is completely anonymous buyers and sellers, you don’t really know who is doing what on the back end of an order.

I would also be a bit cautious about advertising “Charity” stuff. Are you helping to create “KickStarter” campaigns? If so you may want to put that in your title and be more specific because there are a lot of scammers around Fiverr trying to get charity donations for stuff. Not saying that your buyer was up to no good, but there have been people messing around with stuff.

But in general every seller looses a few dollars here and there. If it happens once in a blue moon then you just ignore it and move on. If this starts happening a lot then you need to look at your gig and description and business workflow to see how to stop it.

Be happy in this case that you only started the work and didn’t spend an entire month working on it to have it cancelled at the end.