Who is willing to work for $5? And do you really want what they’re selling?

lbkcreative

In a word, yes! Whether you’re a small business owner, entrepreneur, student, individual or anyone else, the FIVERR community has something to offer you. We are a community of professionals and up and comers looking for valuable connections that lead to repeat business and referrals.

So, let’s address the whole $5 elephant in the room. Why would someone who is good at what they do and can presumably charge higher prices offline, use FIVERR? It’s a great question with many answers for many different people.

I’ve been a professional writer for more than 15 years—both in permanent positions and as a freelancer. My offline rate is competitive with others in my geographical area and I’ve been lucky enough to have a steady flow of clients. So, when a colleague suggested FIVERR, I was skeptical, unsure it was worth my time. I put up a gig and started to get some response. It was slow going at first, but when I got my first Custom Offer Request, I started to see the real potential here.

But more than anything else, I was amazed at the different types of people—in all types of industries—looking for quality work. These are people from all over the world who I would otherwise not have access to! It’s been a thrill communicating with them and I’ve learned a lot about some truly wild products and services.

On the buyer side, the benefits of using FIVERR well outweigh the risks! For a small price and the protection offered by the FIVERR process, you have access to bespoke services performed by professionals who care! The basic $5 job allows you to sample a person’s work before you invest more. And if things don’t work out, you can part ways without much loss.

Five dollars is peanuts—so little to ask for what could prove so valuable! Good sellers will view this as the ticket price for admission into their talents with the hope that you’ll want to stay for future jobs.

As a buyer, it’s a small price to pay for a glimpse of what’s possible in a global marketplace. So, go ahead……purchase your first gig!

FIVERR in money value is only the basic gig you offer. most gigs go into 20-40 and 50 USD. the time it takes a dedicated person who is or who wants to offer a good service can turn this round, can complete the jobs fast. FIVERR can be a good earner and also good to learn, good to improve and good to widen your network of clientele. The real issue for me is the QUALITY and DEDICATION that is NOT available from most of the GIG providers. GIG Providers should give honest descriptions of their work because I for one have had time wasted that has cost me far more than the FIVERR, TENNER OR HUNDRED simply because of LACK OF DEDICATION. Fiverr will eventually fade out if gig providers continue to provide shabby services…NO JOB SHOULD BE CANCELLED FROM THE THE GIG PROVIDERS SIDE. If you cant stand the heat, dont go to the kitchen!

Yes i agree that $5 is a small price to pay for sellers but the buyers out here are delivering what sellers are expecting to them that is high quality work with unlimited revisions in this small amount…As you said FIVERR well outweigh the risks that is the reason why buyers Love to work here…

Nice post! What I really love on Fiverr is that it does the marketing part for us - even if it is suggested to not fall asleep in marketing operations, I am more than happy to offer my services for a discounted price because I do not have to invest time and money into Fiverr marketing - buyers are coming to me - and this is a reason why I discontinued work on all freelancing sites - you have to fight hard for every each project and spend immense amounts of time on it.

On Fiverr, we create an offer and buyers can find what they are looking for.

The price is low not because of dropped quality,
but because perfect principle of labour market working for all!

Packages, custom offers, invoicing, live text chat should have been introduced the first year when fiverr started. It would then be a completely different and stronger system.

But, of course, on the other hand, fiverr worries about buyers and sellers dealing direct outside of their system which is a violation of fiverr’s terms of service.

Buyers have told me that they’ve had bad past experiences with sellers who promise things and don’t deliver. So, I definitely hear what you’re saying about dedication. However, for professional design work $20-$50 can still be an amazing deal depending on what you’re buying and if you find someone good. Let’s hope bad sellers get bored because they eventually find they can’t earn unless they offer (and actually deliver) a valuable service. I would rather not think that a few bad ones will shut down the entire site.

And I do agree that as a rule, sellers should not be cancelling orders UNLESS buyers are being unreasonable in the face of a seller trying satisfy. Out of many orders, I’ve only cancelled maybe twice. And that was because despite repeated efforts to understand what the people were looking for, they continued to criticize the work without being constructive.

I think i have to go a long way to create that reputation because now if i do not offer unlimited revisions they would not go with me…I have a good rating and great reviews but still buyers expecting unlimited revisions only…i don’t know when will i be qualify enough to get the buyers trust on me and may be then i could offer limited revisions to them…

Great post! I’m a forum poster and I work as a forum poster here and still I’m providing services at $5 only, because…The marketplace started with the price of $5 and everything starts here with $5 only. I have larger project gigs too, Still I’m providing services at $5 only.

• 3 weeks later...

The fact is that a $5.00 Dollars cost out-weights many risks… What do YOU lose, really? Just 5 Dollars, isn’t it? But for many people in underdeveloped countries where they struggle with a $1 Dollar salary per DAY, to be able to earn $5 an hour or every 2 or 3 hours, it is an huge advantage!
We call it Globalization…

Guest article_profits

But nobody likes working for $5. Buyers should appreciate their sellers more, by ordering extra services or giving tips for very good service.

The market is flooded, as a person who is really good at what he does I will sell my services for $5 with hope that I can impress the socks out of the buyer and they become a regular client. The more regular clients I get the better the reviews and with time I will be able to charge what I’m worth. So there you have it, that is why I sell my writing skills for just $5!!!

Nice post. I like the concept of this post that the $5 benchmark price on Fiverr.

Buyers who desire better jobs need to embrace the fact that the $5 is a way to hire the best hands for their job and be ready to pay commensurate price later on for professionalism. And for sellers, it should be a way to get in the door, show your best quality and meet the right customer who will help you realize the dream for sustainable freelancing.

It’s now clear to me why the $5 tag makes sense!

Archived