Who was wrong? Me or the buyer?

motiarrahman927

As @juanitataylor said, you should block out the buyer’s name. It is not permitted to name and shame on the forum.

Apart from the conversation giving me a headache, I don’t think the buyer did anything wrong unless he does not own the rights to the requested logo. You should never have started working without an order in place.

I haven’t read this yet, but you need to block out their name before posting in the forum just fyi

So no one has technically done anything wrong yet. He shouldn’t be demanding work like that, but you shouldn’t do ANY work before being paid. If they want a demo, they can pay $5 for a demo. Because if you send them work before an order is placed, there is nothing stopping them from just taking that work and using it without your permission. So just make sure if you run into someone like this again, to be firm in explaining that you can’t start any work until they place an order.

So no one has technically done anything wrong yet. He shouldn’t be demanding work like that, but you shouldn’t do ANY work before being paid. If they want a demo, they can pay $5 for a demo. Because if you send them work before an order is placed, there is nothing stopping them from just taking that work and using it without your permission. So just make sure if you run into someone like this again, to be firm in explaining that you can’t start any work until they place an order.

His order is only a png logo. If I give that in sample then what is wait for order!

His order is only a png logo. If I give that in sample then what is wait for order!

If you wanted to do a free sample you should have put a watermark on it so the buyer can’t use it without ordering.

Also like has been said, you have to make sure there are no rights issues. You can’t do a direct copy another logo if you don’t have the rights to it.

If you wanted to do a free sample you should have put a watermark on it so the buyer can’t use it without ordering.

Also like has been said, you have to make sure there are no rights issues. You can’t do a direct copy another logo if you don’t have the rights to it.

Started new, still learning ! Thanks for your tips…

Archived