Who will be the chosen one to help a poor defenseless Fiverr member improve his Gig's

dougs1995

Good afternoon Chosen One,

As mentioned in the title above I am in search of a champion among champions, specifically the Chosen One who will be able to offer their infinite wisdom. More specifically, I am in hunt of the person that will be able to help me either make changes or implement suggestions on how I can land my first sale. Even though my time here in the Fiverr Universe as been limited I am eager and willing to do whatever it takes to push through the seemingly impenetrable barrier that is “The buyer’s rejection.”

Your sarcasm is too deep… and I don’t feel like swimming.

A little advice: Your cocky sarcasm isn’t necessary. If you want someone to help you, then please be honest, direct, and respectful. Most people are likely to be turned off by the over-the-top, snarky tone of your post.

A little advice: Your cocky sarcasm isn’t necessary. If you want someone to help you, then please be honest, direct, and respectful. Most people are likely to be turned off by the over-the-top, snarky tone of your post.

@ jonbass

I do apologize sir if my post came off the wrong way to you. I did not mean for it to sound sarcastic or insincere. I honestly love to have fun with my posts and instead of posting the normal help me with my first sale I was just trying to add some flair to it and have fun. This is a tough business and if we can’t be creative with our words then I personally believe we have lost the spark that got us interested in writing in the first place.

I strongly encourage you to utilize the buyer request section to land your first sale.

Search through the offers and craft the perfect proposal and hopefully you’ll land some awesome jobs.

Best of luck!

@thecreativeguys

I strongly encourage you to utilize the buyer request section to land your first sale.

Search through the offers and craft the perfect proposal and hopefully you’ll land some awesome jobs.

Best of luck!

I appreciate the advice, I have been using the buyer request and think you are 100% right. I need to work on better perfecting my proposal to grasp the buyer better.

You could purchase assistance from someone who offers it. There are sellers of all levels who can help you at low cost.

For free options you could try the Fiverr Academy, self-promotion, a mentor program, or just read and apply the Tips posted here.

I find this refreshing from the “pls sir how do i get buyer” posts… You have a good sense of humor.

I agree with up top…I think your best bet is the buyers request section. In the mean time you should get to sharing your gig around and putting it out there as much as you can. I’m pretty new here myself so a lot of it for me has to do with throwing everything to the wall and seeing what sticks.

I find this refreshing from the “pls sir how do i get buyer” posts… You have a good sense of humor.

I agree with up top…I think your best bet is the buyers request section. In the mean time you should get to sharing your gig around and putting it out there as much as you can. I’m pretty new here myself so a lot of it for me has to do with throwing everything to the wall and seeing what sticks.

I’m pretty new here myself so a lot of it for me has to do with throwing everything to the wall and seeing what sticks.

This is a terrible marketing strategy. Don’t just throw things at the wall and hope something sticks. That’s usually a sure-fire way to fail. If you want to be productive in your marketing efforts, go find the people that need your skills/services, and tell them about what you offer.

The only people that will purchase your services are those who NEED them. The wall doesn’t care about you; it won’t make you successful. All you will be doing is wasting your time achieving nothing. The people who need what you have to offer will care about you – and it is those people who will make you successful.

@ jonbass

I do apologize sir if my post came off the wrong way to you. I did not mean for it to sound sarcastic or insincere. I honestly love to have fun with my posts and instead of posting the normal help me with my first sale I was just trying to add some flair to it and have fun. This is a tough business and if we can’t be creative with our words then I personally believe we have lost the spark that got us interested in writing in the first place.

I honestly love to have fun with my posts and instead of posting the normal help me with my first sale I was just trying to add some flair to it and have fun. This is a tough business and if we can’t be creative with our words then I personally believe we have lost the spark that got us interested in writing in the first place.

There are more productive ways to be creative and respectful.

People are far more likely to respond to you on a positive level, if you interact with them respectfully and professionally. Asking us, here on the forum, to produce “the Chosen One” who in “their infinite wisdom” can help you, “a poor defenseless Fiverr member” improve your services is so far over the top, that it’s way out there in outer space. Come back down to Earth, and maybe we can help you.

There’s no need for that kind of “humor” if you want people to take you seriously, and actually help you become a better seller. 😉

I wasn’t going to say anything but I just have to.

You need to understand that you are not helpless. Fiverr didn’t just put the ACADEMY here for aesthetics purpose. I had to spend 2 weeks (every day in between) to understand certain things here on Fiverr. I even took notes at some points.

• Why are you not getting any sales?
  • what are you doing wrong?
  • are you offering services that are sort after here?
  • do you share your gigs with family and friends? on social media?
  • do you use the buyer request feature?

You must make efforts first and be precise about what you have done that didn’t quite work.

I’m pretty new here myself so a lot of it for me has to do with throwing everything to the wall and seeing what sticks.

This is a terrible marketing strategy. Don’t just throw things at the wall and hope something sticks. That’s usually a sure-fire way to fail. If you want to be productive in your marketing efforts, go find the people that need your skills/services, and tell them about what you offer.

The only people that will purchase your services are those who NEED them. The wall doesn’t care about you; it won’t make you successful. All you will be doing is wasting your time achieving nothing. The people who need what you have to offer will care about you – and it is those people who will make you successful.

The only people that will purchase your services are those who NEED them.

I beg to differ. You and I both know that there’s a whole civilization of people that would just buy a whole bunch of stuff that they don’t need. Services included 😂

The only people that will purchase your services are those who NEED them.

I beg to differ. You and I both know that there’s a whole civilization of people that would just buy a whole bunch of stuff that they don’t need. Services included 😂

And you and I both know that that is not a sustainable, long-term market. 😉

Are you looking to be in business, or just make a little random hobby money?

Are you looking to be in business, or just make a little random hobby money?

It really isnt. Really not sustainable for your bank account either.

My intention initally was to treat fiverr as a hobby but more and more i’ve been starting to reach out to target audiences and what not. I’m trying not to limit myself you know?

You need to understand that you are not helpless. Fiverr didn’t just put the ACADEMY here for aesthetics purpose. I had to spend 2 weeks (every day in between) to understand certain things here on Fiverr. I even took notes at some points.

• Why are you not getting any sales?
  • what are you doing wrong?
  • are you offering services that are sort after here?
  • do you share your gigs with family and friends? on social media?
  • do you use the buyer request feature?

You must make efforts first and be precise about what you have done that didn’t quite work.

@dybe_jobs

Why are you not getting any sales?

what are you doing wrong?

are you offering services that are sort after here?

do you share your gigs with family and friends? on social media?

do you use the buyer request feature?

I appreciate the constructive criticism and that you took the time to respond to my post. I have been looking through the Academy, but agree I have not put the time into it that I should have and that is my fault for not utilizing my resources properly. Just to put some context to my original post I have been utilizing my 10 buyer requests a day for the past week. I understand it will take longer than a week before I start to see results and am willing to remain patient. I have been talking with family and friends about my gigs and they are spreading the word to their connections. I haven’t done any social media marketing yet, but was planning on starting something within the next couple of weeks. In regards to your other questions, I know that I can always improve myself and what I have to offer here at Fiverr. So I guess the next step is just going back through and revisiting each Gig to see what I can do differently to improve while keeping up with the marketing efforts.

@dybe_jobs

Why are you not getting any sales?

what are you doing wrong?

are you offering services that are sort after here?

do you share your gigs with family and friends? on social media?

do you use the buyer request feature?

I appreciate the constructive criticism and that you took the time to respond to my post. I have been looking through the Academy, but agree I have not put the time into it that I should have and that is my fault for not utilizing my resources properly. Just to put some context to my original post I have been utilizing my 10 buyer requests a day for the past week. I understand it will take longer than a week before I start to see results and am willing to remain patient. I have been talking with family and friends about my gigs and they are spreading the word to their connections. I haven’t done any social media marketing yet, but was planning on starting something within the next couple of weeks. In regards to your other questions, I know that I can always improve myself and what I have to offer here at Fiverr. So I guess the next step is just going back through and revisiting each Gig to see what I can do differently to improve while keeping up with the marketing efforts.

I would look at your gig to see what you offer and give you some heads up. Hope that helps?

Most people are likely to be turned off by the over-the-top, snarky tone of your post.

Or he could create a gig. “For $5, I will write snarky ass content.”

@dybe_jobs

I would look at your gig to see what you offer and give you some heads up. Hope that helps?

That would be amazing if you would be willing to do that for me!

I’ve just gone through your gigs and it appears that you recently registered - JUNE 2017. You also have gigs that are scattered all over the place.

I would need you to do the following:

1. Focus on only one gig for now

2. Delete the gig “I Will Proofread Or Edit Any Article, Blog, Or Paper You May Need”

3. Create a new gig with the same service in mind. Before you do so, check the next tip below.

4. Read up how to create a friendly SEO title for your gig on the FIVERR ACADEMY.

5. In addition to 3, make your research into the niche and those who offer the same service as yours. In this case, Proofreading and editing. Read about using TAGS in the ACADEMY also.

6. Make sure you have a clear strategy here. I would suggest the pen and paper technique - It works for me.

7. Ensure you use a nice photo that also resonates the service you render.

8. Plan on using a video as well for your gig as it increases your chances of getting jobs by 200%.

9. Once you’re done, let it go live

10. Begin to use the Buyer Request. If you’re not sure how to do this just search the forum here and you’d get a ton of answers and tips - I even wrote on it as well.

Doing all I have taken out time to mention here could land you your first job. In less than a week.

Most people are likely to be turned off by the over-the-top, snarky tone of your post.

@newsmike

… You might be onto something :thinking:

Though many of our respected senior members are speaking out about the Buyers Request Section, but I haven’t got any order from there. Actually, I didn’t get a chance once to send my offer as I didn’t find any job related to my skills or gigs. Whats wrong with that? Am I the only person who is not getting any job posted on BR section related to my skills?

I’ve just gone through your gigs and it appears that you recently registered - JUNE 2017. You also have gigs that are scattered all over the place.

1. Focus on only one gig for now

2. Delete the gig “I Will Proofread Or Edit Any Article, Blog, Or Paper You May Need”

3. Create a new gig with the same service in mind. Before you do so, check the next tip below.

4. Read up how to create a friendly SEO title for your gig on the FIVERR ACADEMY.

5. In addition to 3, make your research into the niche and those who offer the same service as yours. In this case, Proofreading and editing. Read about using TAGS in the ACADEMY also.

6. Make sure you have a clear strategy here. I would suggest the pen and paper technique - It works for me.

7. Ensure you use a nice photo that also resonates the service you render.

8. Plan on using a video as well for your gig as it increases your chances of getting jobs by 200%.

9. Once you’re done, let it go live

10. Begin to use the Buyer Request. If you’re not sure how to do this just search the forum here and you’d get a ton of answers and tips - I even wrote on it as well.

Doing all I have taken out time to mention here could land you your first job. In less than a week.

@dybe_jobs

Focus on only one gig for now

Delete the gig "I Will Proofread Or Edit Any Article, Blog, Or Paper You May Need"

Create a new gig with the same service in mind. Before you do so, check the next tip below.

Read up how to create a friendly SEO title for your gig on the FIVERR ACADEMY.

In addition to 3, make your research into the niche and those who offer the same service as yours. In this case, Proofreading and editing. Read about using TAGS in the ACADEMY also.

Make sure you have a clear strategy here. I would suggest the pen and paper technique - It works for me.

Ensure you use a nice photo that also resonates the service you render.

Plan on using a video as well for your gig as it increases your chances of getting jobs by 200%.

Once you’re done, let it go live

Begin to use the Buyer Request. If you’re not sure how to do this just search the forum here and you’d get a ton of answers and tips - I even wrote on it as well.

That is a lot of great advice! So you think I should narrow it down to the proofreading service over all others and spend sometime going through the academy and learning how to brand it properly. I will make sure to get rid of the others and begin a new after I have spent some time researching different niche markets and learn more about creating a friendly SEO title. Once again I can’t thank you enough for all of your help

@dybe_jobs

Focus on only one gig for now

Delete the gig "I Will Proofread Or Edit Any Article, Blog, Or Paper You May Need"

Create a new gig with the same service in mind. Before you do so, check the next tip below.

Read up how to create a friendly SEO title for your gig on the FIVERR ACADEMY.

In addition to 3, make your research into the niche and those who offer the same service as yours. In this case, Proofreading and editing. Read about using TAGS in the ACADEMY also.

Make sure you have a clear strategy here. I would suggest the pen and paper technique - It works for me.

Ensure you use a nice photo that also resonates the service you render.

Plan on using a video as well for your gig as it increases your chances of getting jobs by 200%.

Once you’re done, let it go live

Begin to use the Buyer Request. If you’re not sure how to do this just search the forum here and you’d get a ton of answers and tips - I even wrote on it as well.

That is a lot of great advice! So you think I should narrow it down to the proofreading service over all others and spend sometime going through the academy and learning how to brand it properly. I will make sure to get rid of the others and begin a new after I have spent some time researching different niche markets and learn more about creating a friendly SEO title. Once again I can’t thank you enough for all of your help

Don’t thank me enough until you have done the needful and landed your first job.

That’s when I can accept your thank you.

Archived