Fiverr Community Forum

Why Am I Being Spammed?

I’ve gotten a bunch of spam messages all within my first week. Is this common? People I’ve never talked to before wanting to run a business empire right away! Sounds interesting… not.

Also, why does our response rate depend on responding to obvious scammers? Seems weird.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, spammers/scammers sometimes try to dupe/scam new sellers as they are seen as easy targets. So, it is definitely not out of the ordinary.

Yes, this is very weird. That’s the reason why I always respond to all messages (even spam). In case of a spam message, I just reply with a “no” or “blocked/reported.” :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice! Glad to know it will go away if I can sell a few gigs haha!

1 Like

Oh, I am not so sure if such spam/scam messages will entirely go away (TRS receive spam messages, too). But, yeah… I think they will get a lot lesser. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for the reassurance, hanshuber16!

I get a couple spam messages a week. Usually it’s a hi or a hello, then when i reply back to them i get another hi or hello. Keep in mind you only need to answer to the first message they send in order to keep your response rate intact.

1 Like

Shoot. One just seemed like they wanted to purchase my gig and they asked for my email which I shouldn’t have provided. It’s always the same you create an account, I give you $100 scam message. So annoying- is there a way to only receive messages when someone purchases a gig? Thanks for the tip on the response rate! Good to know I can tell them to piss off and block from now on!

Do you need to reply too if you report someone? If you don’t reply will it affect response rate?

I am not so sure… Probably not. But, just to be on the safe side, I always reply first before blocking/reporting them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I always receive spam messages but they were already blocked by the system. So I never interrupt the system.

1 Like

That’s good when that happens. :slight_smile: However, I’ve noticed that not all spam messages get blocked by the system… especially the ones where other sellers send you messages begging for work. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I am getting nothing but spam. I have not gotten a single genuine inquiry in 3 months since posting my first gig. Any idea what I can do to stop the spam and get noticed by real people who want my service??