Fiverr Community Forum

Why am I not being promoted to TOP RATED!

I don’t quite understand this process either. The lack of transparency is admittedly frustrating. I too met the requirements for TRS almost a year ago and have almost since doubled them. I get nothing but raving 5 star reviews, many of my clients even mentioned having worked with other top rated or pro sellers and finding my work to be far superior. I’m highly educated and experienced in my field. I offer a variety of targeted gigs in my field.

Overall, having looked through many other profiles, including top rated and other level 2 sellers, it’s pretty evident to me that I have some of the best quality work and highest level of experience of almost anyone on the platform in my field. So I just don’t really know at this point what else I can do to show that I’m deserving of the TRS badge when I run circles around all or most of their current TRS sellers.

Considering the volume of orders and sales I already do, I’m actually surprised they don’t upgrade me for for the sole reason that it would earn them far more money. I successfully charge just as much and sometimes more money than the top rated sellers and still manage to keep a full queue so I would assume it would mathematically be in their best interest to promote people to TRS who are making the most money per order, or who already have a high level of earnings as opposed to people charging far less per order. The TRS badge would simply be a multiplier on what is already a high number by leading to a further increase in sales.

I do wish that they would at least tell you why you have not be upgraded so you have the ability to try and fix that issue. I don’t like the not knowing or the feeling that there is one small thing that is forever keeping you from getting TRS that you are unaware of or can’t change.

1 Like

Although I’m not a TRS I fully agree with what you say Frank. I’ve been making very reasonable money as a level 2 without being a TRS. Don’t get me wrong I’d still like to be a TRS but from a business point of view I’m happy.

1 Like

This is the reason I fear I will never get to TRS despite having met the requirements a year ago and now almost doubling them.

I’m a very professional person, I know how to communicate clearly, and do this 99% of the time. However, on rare occasions I get some really rude or scam artist clients who instigate and create contentious situations. When a client is trying to scam me, call me a scammer, or insulting me, I think it warrants me fighting back a bit, which I do when a client crosses the line. Part of the reason I feel the need to defend myself is that CS doesn’t always seem to have a history of helping sellers when dealing with problematic buyers.

In other words, I don’t think it’s fair to judge a seller based on rare interactions with clearly out of line buyers who are breaking the TOS. Would you be mad at a store owner who yelled at and threw out a customer whom they caught stealing from them? The answer is no.

As long as you are professional when you need to be professional… I’m known for speaking my mind and being quite… energetic in my replies, let’s put it that way. That hasn’t stopped me from being TRS or invited to PRO. You don’t need to be passive and submissive. You just need to do it smartly.