Fiverr Community Forum

Why am I not receiving any orders?

I offer a proofreading service mainly for bloggers but I have not had an order since January. My views, impressions and clicks for my gig are often low and I have no clue on what to do.

Any tips?

1 Like

What actions are you taking to connect to bloggers who need proofreading services?

1 Like

It might help a bit from a presentation point of view if you used a photo of your real face
or a logo, any image that represents you.
An image of a girl playing with her hair doesn’t really come across as professional, and
it doesn’t show who you are.

3 Likes

I agree. However I don’t think that would affect the performance of my gig too much.

What actions would you recommend?

What actions does your market research suggest you should do?

2 Likes

I think this is pretty normal for everyone. I have the same experience. On some months I get overflow of work where some month i’m not even getting any single order. Just keep calm and live life easier.

When someone ( in this case a buyer ) sees an image that is clearly not the
actual person, often times that itself is enough to stop the buyer from ordering.
They see it as a lack of professionalism.
I’m not saying that changing the image will bring in orders right away, but it does have an impact.

2 Likes

Especially when that image, such as it is here, is clearly taken from an online photo site.

@enterwriting, I guarantee that your chosen photo is not a photo of you, and therefore does not represent you. It actually hurts you, as seller, to pretend to be a pretty girl just to get sales. That is not how you build a strong professional reputation as a freelancer.

2 Likes