Fiverr Forum

Why am I stuck paying the Processing Fee?

My designer didn’t understand my very explicit instruction so he initiated the cancellation of the job - so why am I responsible for the processing fee? I know it is only $0.50 but it is the principle of the matter that I am bothered by. So if I try to work with 10 designers and they all bail on the job I’m out $5.00? IJS

As far as I know, this credited amount can be used as $5 and not $5.5. So you’re not paying the fees again.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong since I am not a buyer here nor have I heard this before.

Reply to @kay2809: Yes, you’re absolutely right.

On your next order, you will only need to pay the $5 in your fiverr shopping balance (no processing fee).

Reply to @bachas85: So what you’re stressing here is that another processing fee won’t be applied to the future purchase, but the initial fee of $0.50 will not literally be included with the $5 credit?

A buyer gets a $5 credit which will be sufficient to cover a $5 order?

gjwofevanston said: why am I responsible for the processing fee? I know it is only $0.50 but it is the principle of the matter that I am bothered by.
Because they call it a "processing fee" to imply that it covers the 'administration' (in the old days, the "paperwork") involved with processing the order. :|

So even though the process is fully automated (and Fiverr didn't have need to charge the fee for years,) that was the most conveniently 'explainable' way they could come up with for raising fees.

Reply to @bachas85: No, I know that. :smiley:

In my post, I was saying the buyer will only need to pay $5 from their shopping balance/fiverr credit, instead of the normal $5.50 that is paid (through PayPal - with a processing fee).