Fiverr Forum

Why are all 'agency writers'

Claiming to be editors for San Francisco newspapers?

Using fake profile images of women? This is what annoys me the most. You browse through that feedback and people are like “you are great at what you do sweetie”, “good writer and so beautiful” etc. etc. People clearly order based on that picture.

Insulting whenever a customer leaves a negative feedback as if it is the buyers fault? The response to the feedback is even in broken English…

I have read MANY of these articles that these ‘top’ writers deliver. I have yet to encounter one which was not awful. However people still order based on the pictures and the false claims that they make about the quality of English you are getting.

It is ridiculous and yet Fiverr refuses to remove the gigs despite being ‘false advertising’

You are right, it’s not fair.

But it’s part of the Marketing :slight_smile:

Hey Ryan - I am so right there with you!!!

It’s about the most annoying thing in the world, ok maybe not in the world but hey you get my point.

By the way, my last problem with a somewhat similar, only worse situation was corrected. At least to the point of updating the correct country on the sellers profile.

So who knows, maybe with time all discrepancies will be handled, or maybe I’m just being overly optimistic.

Anyway, ttyl

folkeniii said: You are right, it's not fair.
But it's part of the Marketing

No. It is really not. If any marketer uses underhand tactics (i.e. flat out lies) to gain business then they are not a marketer. They are a scam artist. The bulk of marketing lies in the brand that you create. These people are creating a false brand. Eventually everything will come crashing down around them. I loathe people who think that flat-out lying is marketing. It really is not. I have clients call me every single day asking me to just lie for them when I market. It gives me great pleasure seeing those companies fail a couple of months down the line because they do not understand that they are just doing everything wrong in order to gain benefits.

These people are winning in the short term. When people start to realize that they are not who they say they are. Which they will eventually they will lose business. It is better to do things properly and climb to the top slowly than to climb to the top quickly and fail.

Remember: Marketing is not about lying. If you are saying you are a native English writer from America, that you are a woman, and that you hand write articles on your own then you are not doing it right.

folkeniii said: But it's part of the Marketing

It's really not. It's false advertising, and there are laws against that...well, in the UK there are and I'm sure in other parts of the world.

I'd really love to the know the same thing, Ryan. Too many are now lying about being journalists--and for some reason in San Francisco. It was nice to see one of them get demoted from TRS though. Unfortunately, the broken English on the page and in the comments isn't enough to deter some people who want lots of work in the shortest time possible.

Hi Ryan,

I agree that anyone who lies or uses underhand tactics to gain business is a scam artist and such behaviour should be looked at more closely by Fiverr, with appropriate action being taken against offenders.

However, you could try some split-testing of your own to see if having an attractive image or video for your gig makes any difference to views/clicks/conversions.

You could take your main gig offering (2 x 500 word articles) and create 2 new gigs - rewrite the gig titles & descriptions to make them unique but offer the same service.

For the first one, get a video made describing your service. I found 2 good looking English girls here that will make a video from a script of 50 words:

http://www.fiverr.com/miniminimax/record-a-native-english-amazing-video-testimonial

http://www.fiverr.com/kymmypops/be-your-website-spokesperson-in-hd

For the second, get an image made with a couple of words (Buy Articles, SEO Articles etc.) written on some boobs. There are 3 gigs here:

http://www.fiverr.com/booberr/write-any-text-you-want-on-my-big-boobs

http://www.fiverr.com/candymandyy/write-whatever-you-want-on-my-sexy-cleavage

http://www.fiverr.com/sennanyola/write-your-message-on-my-gorgeous-boobs-in-different-colors--2

You won’t be lying or misrepresenting yourself because your gig description will accurately describe your service and you’ll still have the same profile pic. You’ll just be using models to promote your gigs. The same way that Dior employed Charlize Theron to promote their perfume. Or Pepsi employed Cindy Crawford. Or Calvin Klein employed Eva Mendez. You get the picture.

Compare the number of views/impressions/clicks/conversions (or whatever metrics are available on Fiverr) to your original gig to see if a video (presented by a good looking girl) or a provocative image make any difference.

Just a thought.

aingham69 said:
  • I'd really love to the know the same thing, Ryan. Too many are now lying about being journalists--and for some reason in San Francisco. It was nice to see one of them get demoted from TRS though. Unfortunately, the broken English on the page and in the comments isn't enough to deter some people who want lots of work in the shortest time possible.

'

Aha. You know exactly who I am talking about then :P

I sent in numerous remarks to customer support (once a week) until 'she' finally lost her TRS status. Apparently the reason why she kept it so long was the fact I had no proof it was a stolen picture. I got the proof that she was not who she said she was from here. The TRS was gone in a couple of days.

ryangillam said: Apparently the reason why she kept it so long was the fact I had no proof it was a stolen picture. I got the proof that she was not who she said she was from here. The TRS was gone in a couple of days.

Glad to hear your persistence paid off. :)