Fiverr Community Forum

Why are buyers allowed to leave contact numbers in messages?

Just a question: Why are buyers allowed to leave contact numbers in messages? I’ve received a few messages this week with “I need this, lets discuss further on xxx-xxx-xxx”

Why are these messages not flagged by Fivver? And why are buyers not penalized with warnings against ToS? I keep having to say “I am sorry, I am not allowed to communicate outside of Fiverr” which is fine, but just annoying. I feel like this shouldn’t be something I have to explain.

3 Likes

Sellers nor Buyers can’t share any contact and personal information. It is against TOS

Then flag/report the message, it is against TOS to communicate outside Fiverr

They are. You think Fiverr is looking at hundreds of thousands of Gig messages? That is impossible and would take years to look at every single one and still, they wouldn’t be able to view all the messages.

You don’t have to explain anything. Flag the message and that’s it.

Hope I answered most of your questions. If you got any more, I am more than happy to answer them. Have a good day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Noted, thank you for the awesome response. I will definitely flag the buyer and good riddance!

1 Like

Blockquote
They are. You think Fiverr is looking at hundreds of thousands of Gig messages? That is impossible and would take years to look at every single one and still, they wouldn’t be able to view all the messages.

It’s pretty easy to automate this

1 Like

Sellers are not allowed to share, but buyers can. For example if they want you to put their email and phone number on business card you are creating for them.

Not really - think about giving a quote. In figures.