Why are buyers allowed to libel sellers, with no protection from customer services?

I feel that my reputation has been tarred and I can do nothing about it. Customer services have already stated that they will not intervene in either way and now the guy is writing order reviews that call me even worse.

Apparently I delivered very late, which is impossible as he ordered Saturday and I delivered 2 hours later!

I delivered exactly what he asked for and kept giving him snippets in the comments so he knew what context I was writing the article. What was changed was because HE requested it be changed and the messages state that. So why do customer services allow him to lie, cheat and attack a genuine seller when comments prove I am innocent of what I am being called?

I mean great, I get paid $8 but have had no new interest since he attacked my ratings!

I’m so sorry this has happened to you! Fiverr can be a great place, but it can also be devastating when someone does this.

I’m assuming you have, but just in case you haven’t I’ll ask: have you sent CS screenshots of your conversation on the gig page? They’ll be able to see the date and time of his order, the date and time of your delivery, and the fact that he kept changing instructions, and that you obliged. If what he said in the feedback is a flat out lie (which it obviously is, from what you’ve written here), make it easy for CS to see that it’s a lie and hopefully they’ll help.

If one rep tells you to “work it out with the buyer,” politely explain that you have tried and that he has posted false feedback for no other reason than to be malicious, despite following his instructions. If one person won’t help you, don’t be afraid to close out that ticket and go back and ask again (just make sure you only have one ticket open concerning the issue at a time). CS can be spotty–some people are very helpful, and some copy and paste canned answers until you press them with the facts.

Reply to @emasonwrites:

Thank you so much for that. I do feel I got a “copy and paste” reply from CS.

I did not send them any screen shots but will now, as he has added more today, which inflamed me even more.

The feedback is sat on my gig page. It is the only gig with ratings as I’ve only just started using my account here.

I have politely asked him not to lie as CS can see all previous comments. I also have to agree with you, I’ve had some lovely experiences here also and the forum is lovely, so I will just have to put my big girl pants back on, hehe.x

This is one of the most terrible things that can happen to an honest seller. You should really try sending the screenshots to CS. Hope justice gets delivered.

Reply to @swappy007:

Thank you swappy007,

Just realized that whilst people can see his review of me, they can also see that I have stayed polite with him and stated the truth.

I will be sorting this out.

Emma.