Fiverr Forum

Why are some buyers so careless?

I don’t know why some buyers order a gig straight away and they don’t read the discription. I mean you are giving your money to someone who you probably not know, you might even just read the description to see what they do and what they don’t and how much they charge.

the second this is that when a seller talks to you, you have to reply back. i mean you want the order right?

the third thing is when they order and pay $5 and tell the seller to add so many features that are mentioned in the gig extra and they just don’t order the extras and what’s more annoying is that they don’t even reply back or peak a word. i feel that in the’re head they are saying "if we shut up maybe the seller will give us everything because the time is running out"

oh please oh please, just stop it.

i have university, I wake up at 6 am, it takes me and hour and a half to get there and another hour and a half to come back and reach home at 6 or 7 pm, eat, do some homework and then sleep. and probably the only time I can work on my orders is when I have a weekend or a half day or a day off and they just simply don’t reply. if they want a well made drawing then reply so that the seller has more time to make the order and make it good and worth the money. don’t reply in the last hour because the seller needs time to make the order.

Here’s what I do for the third thing. I’ve had people order the basic $5 book trailer gig and want me to provide both images and background animations (which are offered as Extras). I explain that they need to order the appropriate Extras to receive what they’re asking for. Then I let the clock tick so they have time to respond. In the meantime, I complete other orders and go about my daily life.

When I’m down to two days or so, I’ll go ahead and put together the basic trailer - text with plain background, music, and the book cover if they provided it. I send it as Delivered. The majority of the time, I’ll hear back from them post haste, and they suddenly decide to purchase the Extras (or another gig, whatever works for them). So I add what they’ve requested and be done with it.

Be sure to allow ample time on your gigs to complete them, even when stuff like that happens. I know it’s annoying. Just find your own way to push it along. :wink:

As for the other things, well, we have all been there and done that with buyers not reading descriptions. I hate it that sellers have this mark on their stats for cancelled orders when it was really an issue on the buyer’s end. Not much you can do there.

With non-responsiveness, I do a similar thing to what I described above. I give them a couple days to respond. If nothing, I go ahead and make what I can with what I have, and then I offer to make adjustments as needed once they’ve had a chance to review the video.

Be assertive. If you’re being responded to, keep up your end of the conversation, even if it sometimes seems like you’re talking to yourself. I always say something like, “I haven’t heard back from you, so I did the best I could with what I have available. Please have a look and let me know if you need adjustments.” And I always end with “Thank You” or “Cheers” or something similar.

Don’t let it get you down. I know it’s frustrating. That’s the nature of business. Keep going and keep smiling!

goodgift said: Be assertive. If you're being responded to, keep up your end of the conversation, even if it sometimes seems like you're talking to yourself. I always say something like, "I haven't heard back from you, so I did the best I could with what I have available. Please have a look and let me know if you need adjustments." And I always end with "Thank You" or "Cheers" or something simila

Cannot recommend this enough!