Why Are We Unhappy?

I loved this article: http://brightside.me/article/why-generation-y-is-unhappy-11105/ Explains a lot. Do read it.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. That is one of the worst parts of being a human (this does not mean I am saying that there are NOT the best parts too of being a human). We have expectations. Very rare people can be truly happy, especially when we still rely our happiness on money. But it is almost impossible to live without money today.

Yeah, problem starts when we start comparing. Stay away from Facebook, that is the root cause of all unhappiness.

I almost never come online on Facebook anymore. I got bored at some point. But who knows someday maybe I will come online regularly again :slight_smile:

I also would like to add though, sometimes we should just accept it when we are not being happy about something. For instance when one of my dogs dies, I can´t be happy. It is impossible to be happy in that situation (eventhough all my dogs are free loaders, I won´t be happy when they die. I have lost some dogs throughout my life. I can´t remember one single moment when I was happy when they died). So it is impossible to be happy all the time. I don´t care the best human, no one can be happy all the time :slight_smile:

We actually are happy in our natural state and it is not dependent on any certain conditions. It gets overlaid with all this other “stuff”. It takes practice to get familiar with acknowledging the things we think make us unhappy and letting them go. I think of dust covering a large chunk of gold. I brush aside the dust to enjoy the gold.

So true. That other ˝stuff˝ is what makes people unhappy.

Wonderful!

Nice article and thanks for another really good share. @writer99025
I agree, the problem starts when we start comparing.

@misscrystal, I like that line… “It takes practice to get familiar with acknowledging the things we think make us unhappy and letting them go.”

@fitrigwrites4u, when we base our happiness on money, and have expectations, for some reason, no amount of money ever seems to be enough.

You are right :slight_smile: