poll  

254 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I don't show up in search results
    • Too many sellers offer the same thing
    • Fiverr is collapsing due to bad publicity etc
    • Buyers won't buy from new sellers
    • Buyers won't buy from level 1 sellers
    • Buyers only want new sellers cos they are cheap (Level 2/TRS complaint)
    • Fiverr is not advertising enough
    • My marketing is not working even though I spend a lot of time and money on it
    • I am not doing enough marketing
    • I delivered some orders late and now my delivered on time rate is less than 90%
    • I have a cancellation rate of more than 5%
    • I don't get orders since I became level 1/level 2
    • I got a/some bad reviews and am not getting sales now
    • I get a lot of repeat buyers (more than 50% of your sales)
    • I get some repeat buyers (20-50% of your sales)
    • I get few or no repeat buyers (less than 20% of sales)
    • I have got at least one order from social media
    • I have got at least one order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself
    • I tell people I know that I work on Fiverr
    • I have refused to cancel an order for a client (tick if you have, even if CS cancelled it afterwards)

This post is aimed at getting some ideas about the most common problems we face as sellers.

If we can get a lot of people taking part, it will help to identify what kind of posts are most needed. Please tick all the statements below that apply to you or that you agree with. If the poll gets a good response I aim to work hard on some very specific posts that will help with specific issues that people are facing with the aim of increasing sales and the value of sales for us all.

Take part and be honest in your answers!

EDIT: I want to point out that out of those who have voted so far, more than half are TRS or level 2 with over 500 sales. Does this mean that these successful people looking for advice must not be that successful after all? NO! They are successful because they ask for advice when needed and take all the help they can get!

EDIT 2: If you receive an inbox message offering you “help” with a problem you voted on below then I suggest you flag that seller for SPAM immediately. If you are thinking of messaging people who respond below then you really shouldn’t as SPAM is likely to get you suspended or banned from Fiverr.

• I don’t show up in search results
  • Too many sellers offer the same thing
  • Fiverr is collapsing due to bad publicity etc
  • Buyers won’t buy from new sellers
  • Buyers won’t buy from level 1 sellers
  • Buyers only want new sellers cos they are cheap (Level 2/TRS complaint)
  • Fiverr is not advertising enough
  • My marketing is not working even though I spend a lot of time and money on it
  • I am not doing enough marketing
  • I delivered some orders late and now my delivered on time rate is less than 90%
  • I have a cancellation rate of more than 5%
  • I don’t get orders since I became level 1/level 2
  • I got a/some bad reviews and am not getting sales now
  • I get a lot of repeat buyers (more than 50% of your sales)
  • I get some repeat buyers (20-50% of your sales)
  • I get few or no repeat buyers (less than 20% of sales)
  • I have got at least one order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself
  • I have refused to cancel an order for a client (tick if you have, even if CS cancelled it afterwards)

0voters

This post is one of a series of posts I am doing which are aimed at helping sellers to Up Their Game and begin to earn more from their work, gain new clients and make the most of being a freelancer. The posts will be based on This Poll which is still open so if you haven’t made your voice heard, please do so as the more that vote on an issue in that poll, the more likely I am to post about that issue.

To see all posts in the series, Click Here

I’m aware that it sounds mean but I’d personally add

“My gig simply sucks because I did not put in enough time and effort to set it up and I stole images online”

Who is going to tick that box? 😃

Those who should probably believe ticking boxes in a poll is too much effort to make.

No matter what I write about they won’t follow it anyway! This poll and the posts I make based on this will be for people of any level who are prepared to work for success and not just expect it to happen because they want money.

You missed one:

Saying inappropriate and/or unnecessary comments about buyers on forum! I think sometimes people forget this is a public forum and not everyone is signed in when reading.

I checked out a gig by a seller who gave very good, coherent advices to others. They had awesome gigs that I liked and needed. Never having worked with them before, I searched them on the forum.

I found an old post - over a year old - where this seller said the most awful things. It was more than simple ranting but just plain nasty. It gave me the impression they could be hard to work with, so I ended up going with someone else.

There is a difference between venting about a situation and being just horrible. I hate nasty buyers and sellers. I’m good with anyone talking about A situation about one buyer or seller. I’m not okay with “let’s punish buyers/sellers,” or name calling like, “buyers/sellers are idiots, etc.”

Well, if you feel buyers are idiots, then quit selling here. If think sellers are idiots, then quit buying here. Problem solved.

Unless you specifically asked your buyers, “How did you find me?” As part of your filling out requirements, you really have no idea how many came from reading forum.

Vent, complain, shout, scream, . . . On the forum! Do it with some dignity and professionalism.

You missed one:

Saying inappropriate and/or unnecessary comments about buyers on forum! I think sometimes people forget this is a public forum and not everyone is signed in when reading.

I checked out a gig by a seller who gave very good, coherent advices to others. They had awesome gigs that I liked and needed. Never having worked with them before, I searched them on the forum.

I found an old post - over a year old - where this seller said the most awful things. It was more than simple ranting but just plain nasty. It gave me the impression they could be hard to work with, so I ended up going with someone else.

There is a difference between venting about a situation and being just horrible. I hate nasty buyers and sellers. I’m good with anyone talking about A situation about one buyer or seller. I’m not okay with “let’s punish buyers/sellers,” or name calling like, “buyers/sellers are idiots, etc.”

Well, if you feel buyers are idiots, then quit selling here. If think sellers are idiots, then quit buying here. Problem solved.

Unless you specifically asked your buyers, “How did you find me?” As part of your filling out requirements, you really have no idea how many came from reading forum.

Vent, complain, shout, scream, . . . On the forum! Do it with some dignity and professionalism.

There is a difference between venting about a situation and being just horrible.

So true. (20 characterzzzz).

Those who should probably believe ticking boxes in a poll is too much effort to make.

No matter what I write about they won’t follow it anyway! This poll and the posts I make based on this will be for people of any level who are prepared to work for success and not just expect it to happen because they want money.

…uuuhh…well…someone…might…? When they are drunk!! 😝

Is the “delivered on time” percentage shown to the buyers anywhere (I don’t see it on the profile)? If not, and unless the buyer mentions it (or rates because of it) how would that affect future sales? Does the Fiverr algorithm take that into account when showing the top gigs by category?

Is the “delivered on time” percentage shown to the buyers anywhere (I don’t see it on the profile)? If not, and unless the buyer mentions it (or rates because of it) how would that affect future sales? Does the Fiverr algorithm take that into account when showing the top gigs by category?

It might affect gig ranking.

It’s not shown anywhere except to you. I believe it to be a big factor if it is low enough - less than 80% can be devastating if you don’t have any repeat buyers to bring it back up fairly quickly.

It’s not shown anywhere except to you. I believe it to be a big factor if it is low enough - less than 80% can be devastating if you don’t have any repeat buyers to bring it back up fairly quickly.

Though there is also buyers requests. All my orders have been through that. Though now that mostly seems to be full of seller adverts, incorrectly added requests, requests that would likely be infringing copyright to do, etc.

I’m sure buyer request used to have a lot more quality requests than it does now. Maybe it’s because there’s a lot more sellers and they’re quickly taking the good requests, or their increased numbers are reducing the probability of an offer on one getting accepted.

Is the “delivered on time” percentage shown to the buyers anywhere

Nope. That would be pretty useful things to see.

I think there’s too much of a push to put short time deadlines on services (almost like Fiverr would rather you be late occasionally than make sure you never are). There’s also the issues with using the site. I also feel like I can’t compete with what others can spend to market their Gigs. I also feel (as both Buyer and Seller) that the categories change too much. I actually wanted to order something but now I can’t find it. I also feel frustrated that I have to ask CS about things that should be posted on the site so I can just read them. I feel like I’m left behind because I don’t try to cheat the system and break the rules.

@eoinfinnegan Could you pin this? I found it by accident, and I think it’s really important.

I think there’s too much of a push to put short time deadlines on services (almost like Fiverr would rather you be late occasionally than make sure you never are). There’s also the issues with using the site. I also feel like I can’t compete with what others can spend to market their Gigs. I also feel (as both Buyer and Seller) that the categories change too much. I actually wanted to order something but now I can’t find it. I also feel frustrated that I have to ask CS about things that should be posted on the site so I can just read them. I feel like I’m left behind because I don’t try to cheat the system and break the rules.

@eoinfinnegan Could you pin this? I found it by accident, and I think it’s really important.

I don’t like to pin my own posts to be honest, it feels dirty 🙂

The main point of this post was to gather some info about what people believe is affecting their sales so that we can work out some ways of getting better sales for those who are prepared to work at it. Every so often, I like to do a “feature” post where I spend a genuinely long time on an issue and look for specific solutions or answers. I have had a number in mind but wanted to hear what would be most useful for people. I aim to create these feature posts for those answers above that have most votes but will also do smaller ones for the others.

It does amaze me that your gigs don’t get more sales, they look amazingly good quality. It looks like the first post I will be doing will be about marketing yourself. This should be good for you and will definitely be useful even to those without a cash budget but with some time to DIY.

You missed one:

That sounds like a service you could offer! Something about advising people on how their online presence can affect their online business activities. 🙂

I don’t know if these are really supposed to be reasons why I’m not getting sales, but they’re the only things on the list that I could choose which apply to me:

• I get a lot of repeat buyers
  • I have got a least one order form a client I brought to Fiverr myself

I don’t know about folks in other industries, but in the fortune-telling industry clients tend to stay with their readers once they’ve had a single reading. Surely, they might try other readers or jump ship if they become dissatisfied with the reader, but in my industry it’s better business to nurture and maintain repeat clients than it is to recruit new clients. Not sure what else to say? More new clients would be nice, but I genuinely prefer to work with repeat clients with whom I’ve already established rapport.

I don’t know if these are really supposed to be reasons why I’m not getting sales, but they’re the only things on the list that I could choose which apply to me:

• I get a lot of repeat buyers
  • I have got a least one order form a client I brought to Fiverr myself

I don’t know about folks in other industries, but in the fortune-telling industry clients tend to stay with their readers once they’ve had a single reading. Surely, they might try other readers or jump ship if they become dissatisfied with the reader, but in my industry it’s better business to nurture and maintain repeat clients than it is to recruit new clients. Not sure what else to say? More new clients would be nice, but I genuinely prefer to work with repeat clients with whom I’ve already established rapport.

Thanks James. The poll is really aimed at getting some data from sellers on various aspects of their Fiverr experience as well as their thoughts.

The points that are applicable to you actually show why you ARE getting sales. For people who do not tick those boxes, that fact should encourage them to explore why.

This data will be what I base some posts on to help people boost their sales. For example, out of 36 voters only a handful say that they got a sale from social media or brought a buyer to Fiverr. This shows that either people are not promoting themselves or doing it wrong/badly and so this is something to look at.

Archived