Why aren't there more buyers on the forum?

Guest multisync3

Guest multisync3

Yes, it’s a seller dominated forum as I said before and the statement above confirms it at it’s best. -A buyer-

Mod Note: This comment and subsequent comments were off topic in another thread so this Topic has been created to allow this discussion to continue/take place. A quote from the previous topic was originally included but was out of context so it has been removed from here however the sentiment of this being “a seller dominated forum” is what is up for discussion.

Yes, it’s a seller dominated forum as I said before and the statement above confirms it at it’s best. -A buyer-

Mod Note: This comment and subsequent comments were off topic in another thread so this Topic has been created to allow this discussion to continue/take place. A quote from the previous topic was originally included but was out of context so it has been removed from here however the sentiment of this being “a seller dominated forum” is what is up for discussion.

You are taking it out of context. I meant in the sense of not revealing any specifics of the buyer as they may not appreciate it. Not out of disrespect to the buyer, but out of respect for his privacy. I don’t understand how you can make this out to be an anti-buyer statement when it is actually the opposite of that. You can see I have not said anything about the buyer or gone into the specifics of the order, despite having a negative experience from him.

Why you always say things like this and ready to start a bitter conversation.

Guest multisync3

You are taking it out of context. I meant in the sense of not revealing any specifics of the buyer as they may not appreciate it. Not out of disrespect to the buyer, but out of respect for his privacy. I don’t understand how you can make this out to be an anti-buyer statement when it is actually the opposite of that. You can see I have not said anything about the buyer or gone into the specifics of the order, despite having a negative experience from him.

Sorry if so but then quote with context next time…

Guest multisync3

Why you always say things like this and ready to start a bitter conversation.

I don’t agree with you. I am responsible for what I say (write) not for what you understand. Thank you.

Perfect response.

Seems to me all @multisync3 seeks with his presence on the forum is to prove how biased it is against buyers. Funny that it is not even a forum for fiverr officials. I’d say, if you are not okay with it, get out of it! It’s, really, pretty simple 😲 for crying out loud!

Guest multisync3

Perfect response.

Seems to me all @multisync3 seeks with his presence on the forum is to prove how biased it is against buyers. Funny that it is not even a forum for fiverr officials. I’d say, if you are not okay with it, get out of it! It’s, really, pretty simple 😲 for crying out loud!

Seems to me all @multisync3 seeks with his presence on the forum is to prove how biased it is against buyers.

Thanks, but you do the proof for me with your comment. Why are here no buyers? Because of such comments? No, really? Ask yourself…

The argument “we seller are also buyers” doesn’t count for me as your priority is to sell not to buy.

If funny or not for you - I will always have the view of a buyer first (as you have for a seller)

Seems to me all @multisync3 seeks with his presence on the forum is to prove how biased it is against buyers.

Thanks, but you do the proof for me with your comment. Why are here no buyers? Because of such comments? No, really? Ask yourself…

The argument “we seller are also buyers” doesn’t count for me as your priority is to sell not to buy.

If funny or not for you - I will always have the view of a buyer first (as you have for a seller)

Then, LEAVE!!!

Or at least comment on-topic. We’ve got someone who is solely a buyer. She comments constructively. No, she’s not always in support of our thoughts, but she points that out reasonably, not by beginning an argument with everyone termed “seller.”

IF you have to comment, follow the topic. Point out whatever you disagree with. When you appreciate something (pertaining to buyer or seller), state it. You’ll be surprised how much less feuds you’ll have (although, I’ve got a nagging feeling that feuds actually drive you).

Again, if you can’t stand the forum, LEAVE. Except someone has got you completely tied to it, without providing an out.

Meanwhile, I’m done replying you!!

Guest multisync3

Then, LEAVE!!!

Or at least comment on-topic. We’ve got someone who is solely a buyer. She comments constructively. No, she’s not always in support of our thoughts, but she points that out reasonably, not by beginning an argument with everyone termed “seller.”

IF you have to comment, follow the topic. Point out whatever you disagree with. When you appreciate something (pertaining to buyer or seller), state it. You’ll be surprised how much less feuds you’ll have (although, I’ve got a nagging feeling that feuds actually drive you).

Again, if you can’t stand the forum, LEAVE. Except someone has got you completely tied to it, without providing an out.

Meanwhile, I’m done replying you!!

YOU don’t push me out here. Seem you can’t stand the critics here not me! WHO ARE YOU to tell me to leave? If you want to contribute to my input I am fine with it.

BTW thx for the hint. So 2 buyers in total in the sea of sellers? Just asking?

Guest multisync3

Look we can all be friends here if you please take that " seller dominated forum" thing out of your mind. Believe me there is nothing like that here.

Look we can all be friends here if you please take that " seller dominated forum" thing out of your mind. Believe me there is nothing like that here.

I really would follow your argument but show me the buyers in the forum? I believe I say nothing wrong when I say buyers are by far less part of this forum. I can’t say why but just assume bcs of the significant high share of sellers posting here and often not in a good way towards buyers. I myself feel actually somehow unfairly “influenced” by posting what I post. It is a seller dominated forum even if you don’t like to hear it. So the question / topic “Why aren’t there more buyers on the forum?” is most valid. I am your friend even if I have another opinion - if I am not your fried BECAUSE I have another opinion, well then it’s your issue.

Mod Note: … “a seller dominated forum” is what is up for discussion.

I really would follow your argument but show me the buyers in the forum? I believe I say nothing wrong when I say buyers are by far less part of this forum. I can’t say why but just assume bcs of the significant high share of sellers posting here and often not in a good way towards buyers. I myself feel actually somehow unfairly “influenced” by posting what I post. It is a seller dominated forum even if you don’t like to hear it. So the question / topic “Why aren’t there more buyers on the forum?” is most valid. I am your friend even if I have another opinion - if I am not your fried BECAUSE I have another opinion, well then it’s your issue.

fried

I guess you are really FRIED

Why aren’t there more buyers on the forum?

So it means it is also our fault if they don’t come here. As @misscrystal said, they don’t need it because they don’t have problems most often like sellers have regarding everything site, order etc…

Guest offlinehelpers

Please do go and round up as many buyers as you can to participate in the forums, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. As has been said (really well) by others, it’s not the fault of sellers if the majority of buyers have nothing to contribute, so please stop flaming us for the inactivity of others.

Guest multisync3

fried

I guess you are really FRIED

Why aren’t there more buyers on the forum?

So it means it is also our fault if they don’t come here. As @misscrystal said, they don’t need it because they don’t have problems most often like sellers have regarding everything site, order etc…

Lol, obviously friends…but yes, I feel sometimes fried or grilled but can take it.

Did I said it’s “your” fault why they not here? No, I didn’t and if you look again at the content then you can see a question mark is behind the conversation topic.

Maybe one reason is indeed they get fried/grilled when they post some thing as it’s like 10:1 pro seller statements (maybe exaggerated?).

But I am convinced you are smart as you see a difference between my misspelled fried and friend, so I am further convinced you see also the discrepancy in the amount of sellers and buyers in the forum.

Again I have to disagree…

As @misscrystal said, they don’t need it because they don’t have problems most often like sellers have regarding everything

Buyers towards sellers have surely similar problems as sellers towards buyers and it’s even recognized by Fiverr itself e.g. in the new policy asking to avoid cancellations…to mention one issue.

Think about it…

Guest multisync3

Please do go and round up as many buyers as you can to participate in the forums, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. As has been said (really well) by others, it’s not the fault of sellers if the majority of buyers have nothing to contribute, so please stop flaming us for the inactivity of others.

I see your point partly and I don’t flaming you “for the inactivity” of others. I really would like to elaborate why it is as it is. “Why aren’t there more buyers on the forum?”

One possible reason I already mentioned several times, so I won’t repeat it again.

Another reason might be that a buyer is “happy” to get a refund if things get worse and by what I read at the forum and my own experience such refunds are often triggered by the seller (to avoid a negative feedback).

A refund can be seen as a “corrective action” but what about “preventive actions”? To avoid e.g. cancellations and negative ratings?

Other options please…

Lol, obviously friends…but yes, I feel sometimes fried or grilled but can take it.

Did I said it’s “your” fault why they not here? No, I didn’t and if you look again at the content then you can see a question mark is behind the conversation topic.

Maybe one reason is indeed they get fried/grilled when they post some thing as it’s like 10:1 pro seller statements (maybe exaggerated?).

But I am convinced you are smart as you see a difference between my misspelled fried and friend, so I am further convinced you see also the discrepancy in the amount of sellers and buyers in the forum.

Again I have to disagree…

As @misscrystal said, they don’t need it because they don’t have problems most often like sellers have regarding everything

Buyers towards sellers have surely similar problems as sellers towards buyers and it’s even recognized by Fiverr itself e.g. in the new policy asking to avoid cancellations…to mention one issue.

Think about it…

Well as far as I remember, if I am not wrong @gina_riley2 is also a buyer but I haven’t seen her saying things like that.

Anyway now you are FRYing me. So i dont want drag this useless conversation with you when there is not even a single valid point in it.

Please dont get offensive, you can continue.

Cheers…

Guest offlinehelpers

I see your point partly and I don’t flaming you “for the inactivity” of others. I really would like to elaborate why it is as it is. “Why aren’t there more buyers on the forum?”

One possible reason I already mentioned several times, so I won’t repeat it again.

Another reason might be that a buyer is “happy” to get a refund if things get worse and by what I read at the forum and my own experience such refunds are often triggered by the seller (to avoid a negative feedback).

A refund can be seen as a “corrective action” but what about “preventive actions”? To avoid e.g. cancellations and negative ratings?

Other options please…

I don’t know - maybe they’re enjoying themselves elsewhere?

I buy on ebay - never once visited their forum, same on Amazon. I buy stuff from Tesco and Asda - don’t need to use their forums as a buyer, because they don’t have one. They may well have a message board system for their sellers, but it would be of little interest to buyers.

I’m sorry Tom, you’ve lost me with this - you keep bringing everything back to being the fault of the sellers, whatever the everything is. You seem to have had a couple of poor experiences, which is a great shame. I hope that from what you’ve read on here, you’ll see that the majority of sellers are not underhand and nasty , and that we do actually try our best for our clients.

Could we maybe just leave it at that, as none of us sellers can tell you why there aren’t more buyers.

How about asking us a question we might have a chance of answering?

I can’t talk for all the buyers since everyone has different tasks. But, for me, I have other practical things to do besides being on the forum. I believe that is one of the reasons why there are not a lot of buyers on the forum.

I actually think there are more buyers here than you think. I think many are just silent and read some info but don’t feel the need to engage. One of my first posts was specifically to help buyers in using the site - it received over 50,000 views and gave rise to some questions and comments from buyers. I have followed that up with others which have been received similar responses.
I was a buyer before being a seller and only visited the forum for the first time when I became a seller and was waiting for a buyer who was slow in communication. Before that I didn’t feel any need to visit yet another place where random people give their opinions randomly. Only when I started engaging did I realize the value of the forum for gaining info both as a buyer and seller. I really wish more buyers checked the forum for info BEFORE buying as a lot of those who post complaints and rants could have avoided them if they had.

Some of the most useful info on the forum comes from buyers and it would be great if more did get involved in a positive way. I don’t see any evidence that buyers get chased away or put off by seller responses unless they are offensive or irritating - sellers also get chased by sellers for the same reasons so it is because of how they behave, not who they are. As @offlinehelpers says, most buyers don’t feel the need to engage here, they come, they buy, they leave. Those who do are treated with respect, their questions answered or are advised on how to deal with problems.

Archived