Fiverr Forum

Why Buyers MUST contact seller before ordering

Yes , agree with that , but sometimes even with messages there are still problems , check out what happened to me here ( Dear buyer , i think you are confused ) , but on the other hand we had great experiences with buyers that bought a gig without sending a message , of course we spoken about it later , but it just depends , that’s what i think , i personally prefer to see a message before someone buying a gig or demanding for something that it’s completely unrelated to that gig , like someone buying a 10 USD gig and needing a complete shoot with a whole team of photographers , models , cars and so on ahah . Anyways i think that the idea got trough ahaha

Hello. I have done some orders without buyer contact me first but fortunately these orders went really good. But i also believe contact before order is really important. Both seller and buyer have a better and clear vision for the project. You can also add this to your description (something like: please feel free to contact me before the order).

Thanks
Maria S.

Hello. I create illustrations and it happens to me time after time that buyer places an order without reading my gig’s conditions and contacting me first. He orders the cheapest package for 5 dollars and wants me create a big illustration that cost more that 150 dollars in my gig. Surely he doesn’t want to pay more and I have to cancel such order. Then my completion rating falls.

I have a big note in my profile and my gig’s description that buyer needs to contact me BEFORE purchasing.

I think this system is absolutely unfair to the seller. And this is a good way to ruin your competitors’ career on Fiverr:rofl:. Just order something from them and then don’t reply. The Support has no solution for the seller in this situation.

Awesome bro ! <3 <3 <3 <3

@jenihiggs I agree with you.

I completely agree with you and I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with those clients.

Do you have a video for your gig in which you explain that you require approval before a purchase and why? I did that on top of putting written notes in the description about it and I found it really reduced the incidence of orders without prior approval. I think part of the reason the video message worked because I made it clear to the buyer that the value they get out of their order depends on its suitability for their niche, goals, etc.

Well said… I personal prefer buyers to order gigs without contacting since I have all requirements and order specifications highlighted on my gig profile

Thank You dear Sir…