Fiverr Forum

Why Buyers MUST contact seller before ordering

Yes , agree with that , but sometimes even with messages there are still problems , check out what happened to me here ( Dear buyer , i think you are confused ) , but on the other hand we had great experiences with buyers that bought a gig without sending a message , of course we spoken about it later , but it just depends , that’s what i think , i personally prefer to see a message before someone buying a gig or demanding for something that it’s completely unrelated to that gig , like someone buying a 10 USD gig and needing a complete shoot with a whole team of photographers , models , cars and so on ahah . Anyways i think that the idea got trough ahaha

2 Likes

Hello. I have done some orders without buyer contact me first but fortunately these orders went really good. But i also believe contact before order is really important. Both seller and buyer have a better and clear vision for the project. You can also add this to your description (something like: please feel free to contact me before the order).

Thanks
Maria S.

1 Like

Hello. I create illustrations and it happens to me time after time that buyer places an order without reading my gig’s conditions and contacting me first. He orders the cheapest package for 5 dollars and wants me create a big illustration that cost more that 150 dollars in my gig. Surely he doesn’t want to pay more and I have to cancel such order. Then my completion rating falls.

I have a big note in my profile and my gig’s description that buyer needs to contact me BEFORE purchasing.

I think this system is absolutely unfair to the seller. And this is a good way to ruin your competitors’ career on Fiverr:rofl:. Just order something from them and then don’t reply. The Support has no solution for the seller in this situation.

5 Likes

Awesome bro ! <3 <3 <3 <3

1 Like

@jenihiggs I agree with you.

1 Like

I completely agree with you and I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with those clients.

Do you have a video for your gig in which you explain that you require approval before a purchase and why? I did that on top of putting written notes in the description about it and I found it really reduced the incidence of orders without prior approval. I think part of the reason the video message worked because I made it clear to the buyer that the value they get out of their order depends on its suitability for their niche, goals, etc.

1 Like

Well said… I personal prefer buyers to order gigs without contacting since I have all requirements and order specifications highlighted on my gig profile

2 Likes

Thank You dear Sir…

1 Like

I agree with you.

While I want the buyer to feel comfortable contacting me beforehand if they have any questions, I don’t want to mandate they do so prior to ordering.

So helpful post and buyer should maintain the instructions .

2 Likes

I think scheduling the order queue could work for you!

1 Like

Absolutely right!

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of this, I have achieved much knowledge.

Its really good tips ! but many sellers do not provide good support ! So, buyers need to be sure that the seller communication is good and clear. Buyers should be clear about all the question answer on the gigs. Then you can choice a seller.

I think it is good opportunity for new seller or buyer. also I am new to here and freelancing work. so both can understand clearly what they need to do using this option.:grinning::grinning:

Hello everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:I am fully agree that buyers should speak with seller before ordering. In my case, for example, before starting photo editing, I need to understand which result buyer would like to see - colours, lights, skin cleaning etc. If we speak before - we will avoid misunderstandings and the process with result will bring only pleasure. Have a good evening.:rose:

This is coming from my buyers point of view. I bought a lot of voice acting for games. And what I like to do is type in how many characters it is, click button for full broadcast rights, upload the script and any other information and then place the order. It’s that easy when I see contact me first and there’s not a check mark for broadcast right then I skip over and go to the next one.

Fiverr, needs to give the seller an option to take off the purchase button and replace it with a contact me button that way the users don’t accidentally send something without contacting you from a buyers perspective if they see the purchase button you’re probably going to purchase so it’s really an issue with five or taking off the options to purchase without contacting the purchaser first.

1 Like

You are great, its really matter, Buyer should contact before confirming order.

1 Like

Hola! you are right…

I agree with you. thank you for your info.

1 Like