Why can't I cancel a very late order as a buyer?

yurymos

Question

Hi,
Can someone please help? A seller failed to deliver an order (milestone 1 is 30+ hours late), and on the order page I see the message: " Delivery Deadline Missed. The seller failed to deliver this order on time. You can now cancel the order." But there’s no cancellation button. If I click [Visit the Resolution Center] button, I’m offered only to extend the delivery time, which is not an option for me. So how can I cancel it? I want to be refunded I ask another seller to complete the order.

14 answers to this question

Hi @yurymos,

You can contact CS and ask them to cancel the order and refund you.

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I’ve indeed contacted CS, but still have no answer (after 5 hours). This makes no sense really. Why there is no cancellation button? The order is very late now.

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I’ve indeed contacted CS, but still have no answer (after 5 hours). This makes no sense really. Why there is no cancellation button? The order is very late now.

I think they reply within 24 to 48 hours after you’ve placed your ticket. Nevetheless, here’s the email to suppot if you want to mail them support@fiverr.com

For cancelling yourself, I think you must request a mutual cancelation but I can’t say this for sure as I’m no buyer and thankfully haven’t got anyone asking order cancelation

In the “Help Center” (linkd on the main site in footer and somewhere in the top menu bar too, I think) there is an article “order status” thar defines what is “late” and “very late”. I got the cancel button some time ago when an order had reached “very late” status, was definitely more than 24 hours, I think 2 or even 3 days, not sure, been a while.
Fiverr sent a mail telling me the order had run late and recommending to message the seller but also it said I could cancel by that point.

in the “Help Center” (linkd on the main site in footer and somewhere in the top menu bar too, I think) there is an article “order status” thar defines what is “late” and “very late”. I got the cancel button some time ago when an order had reached “very late” status, was definitely more than 24 hours

in the “Help Center” (linkd on the main site in footer and somewhere in the top menu bar too, I think) there is an article “order status” thar defines what is “late” and “very late”. I got the cancel button some time ago when an order had reached “very late” status, was definitely more than 24 hours

You could have at least corrected my typo if you already recycle my post, you know, Hakim.

CS answered me a couple of hours ago, that I could not cancel the order manually and had to contact CS because it was a milestone order (it contained 3 milestones, and milestone 1 was already very late). As they said, regular orders can be cancelled manually when they are very late, i.e. without contacting CS.

CS answered me a couple of hours ago, that I could not cancel the order manually and had to contact CS because it was a milestone order (it contained 3 milestones, and milestone 1 was already very late). As they said, regular orders can be cancelled manually when they are very late, i.e. without contacting CS.

Ah, so milestone orders have different rules, good to know.

Thanks for the update

Unfortunately, after cancelling a very late order I can’t leave a negative feedback. So this seller will continue to let customers down by missing project deadlines and they won’t be able to warn other buyers. I wonder how many customers he harmed without being punished. This site is very disadvantageous to buyers, as unfair sellers may have very high ratings, even if they deliver only 50% of assigned projects or less.

Unfortunately, after cancelling a very late order I can’t leave a negative feedback. So this seller will continue to let customers down by missing project deadlines and they won’t be able to warn other buyers. I wonder how many customers he harmed without being punished. This site is very disadvantageous to buyers, as unfair sellers may have very high ratings, even if they deliver only 50% of assigned projects or less.

It would leave a standard 1-star feedback saying “Ordered cancelled, seller couldn’t deliver on time”. However, you would not be able to leave a negative review that will be other than that phrase.

Archived