Why cant i change my gig category?

ahmedtonmoy

@jonbaas i want to edit my gig system . i was made them at first time. after when i learn about gig then i thougt need to change gig something . but catagory are not changing .

As far as I know they no longer allow you to change the category, at least if you’ve created and published the gig or had sales. I’m not sure if they lock it before or after you get sales.

The reason for the change is that there were some people who would post a gig for something really cheap and easy to sell (like maybe original 3D logos with free source files for $5) and use the great deal to stack up some reviews.

Then they would move the gig to a whole different category and raise the price. So, they might move a gig that got reviews for cheap logos and put it in the category for WordPress sites where they could charge a lot more. Buyers would see the reviews and think that the seller was really good at WordPress when there was actually no proof of that.

Fiverr doesn’t care if you change a gig a little bit like from 3D logos to flat mascot logos but they do care about the main category. Hope that helps!

As far as I know they no longer allow you to change the category, at least if you’ve created and published the gig or had sales. I’m not sure if they lock it before or after you get sales.

The reason for the change is that there were some people who would post a gig for something really cheap and easy to sell (like maybe original 3D logos with free source files for $5) and use the great deal to stack up some reviews.

Then they would move the gig to a whole different category and raise the price. So, they might move a gig that got reviews for cheap logos and put it in the category for WordPress sites where they could charge a lot more. Buyers would see the reviews and think that the seller was really good at WordPress when there was actually no proof of that.

Fiverr doesn’t care if you change a gig a little bit like from 3D logos to flat mascot logos but they do care about the main category. Hope that helps!

I agree with that, if you already had sales on that gig you should not be allowed to change the category.

Changing the category is not a good idea usually

But you can do that if you put your gig on pause

Changing the category is not a good idea usually

But you can do that if you put your gig on pause

This does appear to be true when I check it. Just as a note to anyone who tries it, though, I know of a Top Rated Seller who changed a gig with hundreds of reviews and moved it to a totally different unrelated category. He got caught and Fiverr deleted the gig, so it was a big loss. I would say it is never a good idea to change the category unless the gig has no reviews or the change is a small one.

Guest mianatifcg125

Oh, I feel you brother. I had the same problem. By mistake choose programming and tech instead of Graphics Design. I still regret this mistake. And You can not change.

thank you so much…

but the gig review will go 😦

As I said above - if you already have some works and even review in this gig that would be not right to change category. As you could also change information and make it fully different gig! And review would tell you’ve made a good job, but it concerned different gig and you could fool other buyers.

But I also think you can ask CS for help. If you really just chose wrong category (like if you make illustrations but chose “programming and tech”) CS could observe your informations of the gig and everything and change category for you.

As I said above - if you already have some works and even review in this gig that would be not right to change category. As you could also change information and make it fully different gig! And review would tell you’ve made a good job, but it concerned different gig and you could fool other buyers.

But I also think you can ask CS for help. If you really just chose wrong category (like if you make illustrations but chose “programming and tech”) CS could observe your informations of the gig and everything and change category for you.

well said @avrora very good information . need to contact CS

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived