Why can't Sellers and Buyers be friendly to each other when they are working together?

design_palace

I love to make all the conversations as light as possible (while trying to be as professional as possible). When a buyer wants a work and a seller wants money serving the buyer, why there should be any hierarchy ? They should be friends to each other. What’s your take ?

I love to make all the conversations as light as possible (while trying to be as professional as possible). When a buyer wants a work and a seller wants money serving the buyer, why there should be any hierarchy ? They should be friends to each other. What’s your take ?

Dear Design Palace:

There are over 7 billion people on Earth and so many different personality types that it is nearly impossible to predict how you will interact with random Buyers.

Maybe you’re an extrovert and your Buyer is an introvert. Maybe they’re self-conscious about perceived language barriers. Maybe you remind them of the girl that broke their heart when they were 6 years old by refusing their hand-painted Valentine.

So, to sum up, you’ll naturally click with some folks and not with others.

That’s just how it goes.

I agree that it would be nice to have good relations with all Buyers.

Good luck,

Blaise

P.S. And I just earned my first “Quote” Badge. Score!

P.P.S. [slightly off-topic]: I’ve tried to earn my “Autobiographer” Badge, but don’t know what I’m missing… does anybody know?

Dear Design Palace:

There are over 7 billion people on Earth and so many different personality types that it is nearly impossible to predict how you will interact with random Buyers.

Maybe you’re an extrovert and your Buyer is an introvert. Maybe they’re self-conscious about perceived language barriers. Maybe you remind them of the girl that broke their heart when they were 6 years old by refusing their hand-painted Valentine.

That’s just how it goes.

Good luck,

Blaise

P.P.S. [slightly off-topic]: I’ve tried to earn my “Autobiographer” Badge, but don’t know what I’m missing… does anybody know?

Congratulations for your badge ! I am behind only 6.99 billion…see, I made you a friend…lol…but honestly, I am most comfortable when a buyer is friendly !

I don’t think they need to be friends as such, friendly - yes, that makes things easier but not overly familiar or chatty.

I think the buyer - seller relationship that works best is partnership rather than friendship or boss-employee.

You are absolutely right. Yes, if they can be friendly with each other, the

better results can be acquired. I remember, I used to be kind of afraid of

buyers in my initial days on Fiverr, but now i feel myself quite

comfortable…

I like my relationships with my buyers to be friendly, but I don’t want to be their friend. Being ‘friends’ comes with an emotional burden and obligations. That doesn’t mean to say there has to be hierarchy. I always reference working with my clients, not for them.

Yes very true. Friendly mode is quite sufficient, in stead of being

friends. I have made wrong selection of word?

Dear Design Palace:

That’s just how it goes.

Good luck,

Blaise

[details=off-topic reply to ‘autobiographer badge’ question, click to read]

The fiverr forum now runs on the Discourse software, if you´re interested in forum functions like badges, you´ll find lots of info on the discourse meta page, the Autobiographer badge should be gained by having a profile picture and filling out profile info like location here on your forum profile, but I don´t know which info exactly has to filled out for that badge. You can try to find out here: https://meta.discourse.org/search?q=autobiographer%20badge[/details]

why there should be any hierarchy ?

There is no hierarchy really unless you act as if there is one. You´re free to work with buyers or to not work with them, and you´re free to play hierarchy, or to not play it. Just as they are free to choose sellers who treat them friendly and/or polite, or sellers who treat them as if they stood higher in some perceived hierarchy.

Dear Design Palace:

That’s just how it goes.

Good luck,

Blaise

Great common sense.

P.s I’m an introvert.

Yes,I always try to make a good relation with my clients but not as a friend.I want to work with them again and again .Be friendly age is another important fact.some of my client have much age than me.so as a friend not a matter .keep going with good relationship .Thats help .
Thanks all;))

Hi Everyone,
I’m new to being a Seller on Fiverr and just had my first sale the other day. I was surprised that it happened as quickly as it did and my experience with the Buyer was that we were co-creating the project together… and there didn’t seem to be the roles of Buyer/Seller being played out. It turned out to being a good experience for both of us.

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to being a Seller on Fiverr and just had my first sale the other day. I was surprised that it happened as quickly as it did and my experience with the Buyer was that we were co-creating the project together… and there didn’t seem to be the roles of Buyer/Seller being played out. It turned out to being a good experience for both of us.

Congratulations. Wish you all your experiences be pleasant like that first

experience.

Free market driven economies are demand driven and will always have a hierarchy so the buyer will always enjoy a hierarchy. It’s not about how they feel about you or how you feel about them, it’s just the nature of the system. It’s an economic model not a social model.

Karl Marx would be very proud of you but there’s a good reason Communism failed, because it failed to recognize the inequalities within human beings and systems, which is what makes us human. The one driving the sales will always have a commanding position over the service provider. This basic framework is not going to change.

Could we simply just deliver what’s promised and relegate the friendliness to the gig feedback section? That’d be great. Fiverr is not Tinder.

_I think that people should be friendly and polite to anyone he or she talks in and out of the internet,if you hire me to make soething for you that would not be different but that does not mean that I am a friend of yours,I have to deal with you with respect and in a pleasant way and still deliver the job that you hired e to do in the most professional way possible.😏

Free market driven economies are demand driven and will always have a hierarchy so the buyer will always enjoy a hierarchy. It’s not about how they feel about you or how you feel about them, it’s just the nature of the system. It’s an economic model not a social model.

Karl Marx would be very proud of you but there’s a good reason Communism failed, because it failed to recognize the inequalities within human beings and systems, which is what makes us human. The one driving the sales will always have a commanding position over the service provider. This basic framework is not going to change.

Could we simply just deliver what’s promised and relegate the friendliness to the gig feedback section? That’d be great. Fiverr is not Tinder.

True. But when a creative work is carried out or anything is carried out

for someone else, there should be mutual respect though its an economy

model, that’s what I believe.

Congratulations for your badge ! I am behind only 6.99 billion…see, I made you a friend…lol…but honestly, I am most comfortable when a buyer is friendly !

Hi…Yeah I feel comfortable and pretty good when buyer is friendly…To be honest when i deliver my work for the 1st time,there is some butterflying feelings arises in stomach…But when ones approve it or kindly ask for modification i feel wow…

Hi…Yeah I feel comfortable and pretty good when buyer is friendly…To be honest when i deliver my work for the 1st time,there is some butterflying feelings arises in stomach…But when ones approve it or kindly ask for modification i feel wow…

Yes that happens with almost everyone, at least in the initial phase of

freelancing

True. But when a creative work is carried out or anything is carried out

for someone else, there should be mutual respect though its an economy

model, that’s what I believe.

We can believe whatever we want, the marketplace is not going to abide by our beliefs, it is the other way round. If a buyer is friendly, well and good, but it shouldn’t be a default expectation from any buyer. Mixing emotions into work is the quickest ways to ruin both. If you are passionate about your work and do great work, you can find intrinsic fulfillment every time you deliver it, without having to subject your happiness to the validation of anyone else.

there should be mutual respect

People are busy, they pay and leave. It’s their prerogative. It doesn’t mean they disrespect you. It means they respect your time and theirs, and they respect your skills and judgment enough to pay you for it.

Archived