Why couldn't you figure it out earlier?

arefinrayeed

Buongiorno fellow fiverr members. :hugs:
I believe there are tonnes of you out there who are having a brilliant experience here on fiverr from the very beginning. And getting the first order from a client is always a tremendous feeling for everyone.
So lets hear some stories from you guys about your first client.

1. How long did it take to land?
  2. Was it overwhelming?
  3. Was it a big fish?

And finally what advice would you give to your younger fiverr seller self if any.

Very excited to hear from you guys!! 😀

1. About 10 days - 2 weeks.
  2. It was actually one of my easier and more fun orders as it was translating a short story aimed at kids from Danish to English.
  3. I started out offering translations at $5 per 1000 words, so it was not a huge order. About $30. On the other hand, it led to another order from the same buyer.

I don’t really have any advice that I would give to my younger Fiverr self. I had already been a regular buyer on Fiverr for more than a year when I started my first gig, so I knew a lot about the experience from a buyer’s point of view. I believe this made it easier for me to understand what buyers were looking for and how to attract them (and my education also helped). I also read through almost two years worth of forum content shortly after starting my gig, so I had a good base of knowledge to draw from.

1. About 10 days - 2 weeks.
  2. It was actually one of my easier and more fun orders as it was translating a short story aimed at kids from Danish to English.
  3. I started out offering translations at $5 per 1000 words, so it was not a huge order. About $30. On the other hand, it led to another order from the same buyer.

I don’t really have any advice that I would give to my younger Fiverr self. I had already been a regular buyer on Fiverr for more than a year when I started my first gig, so I knew a lot about the experience from a buyer’s point of view. I believe this made it easier for me to understand what buyers were looking for and how to attract them (and my education also helped). I also read through almost two years worth of forum content shortly after starting my gig, so I had a good base of knowledge to draw from.

That’s amazing, vibronx. Surely a lot to learn from your experience. Thank you so much for sharing. 🙂

1. It took 2-3 hours after I registered an account to get an order.

2. The experience was smooth, took me 20 minutes in total and I got 5* review out of it.

3. It was a $5 order for a minimalist design intended to use on facebook (I don’t offer these services anymore). Something to do with advertising a shoe store, I believe.

1. It took 2-3 hours after I registered an account to get an order.

2. The experience was smooth, took me 20 minutes in total and I got 5* review out of it.

3. It was a $5 order for a minimalist design intended to use on facebook (I don’t offer these services anymore). Something to do with advertising a shoe store, I believe.

You must be on the record book of Fiverr for the shortest time to get an order 😃

Thanks a lot @lenasemenkova for sharing.

You must be on the record book of Fiverr for the shortest time to get an order 😃

Thanks a lot @lenasemenkova for sharing.

You must be on the record book of Fiverr for the shortest time to get an order

I’ve seen quite a lot of stories of sellers getting orders on their first day, actually, so I’m not that special. But it’s great that I didn’t have to wait for weeks or months to figure out if fiverr worked for me. I’m truly grateful for that.

It took almost 2 months for me to get my first order…It was $10 😃
I just go back to order completed and reached at end of page to see where I started 😃
It remind me my old days when I was a part time freelancer and was trying to dive deep in it…

It took almost 2 months for me to get my first order…It was $10 😃

I just go back to order completed and reached at end of page to see where I started 😃

It remind me my old days when I was a part time freelancer and was trying to dive deep in it…

I just gave a little tour to your account @surajrenuka. Damn brother, you surely did come a long way. Congratulations on that. Top Rated Badge is knocking on your door I bet. 😉

1. It took me about a week.
  2. It was one of the shortest VO projects I’ve ever done - about 30 words if I’m remembering correctly.
  3. Not a ‘big fish’, but they did refer another buyer to me. I’ve had 3 orders from that other buyer so far.

I used Fiverr as a seller about 2/3 years ago and had that old account for about a year. I learned a lot during that time, but I suppose if I were giving advice to the me from back then, I would probably tell myself to do more unpaid VO work for practice before going into paid work.

1. It took me about a week.
  2. It was one of the shortest VO projects I’ve ever done - about 30 words if I’m remembering correctly.
  3. Not a ‘big fish’, but they did refer another buyer to me. I’ve had 3 orders from that other buyer so far.

I used Fiverr as a seller about 2/3 years ago and had that old account for about a year. I learned a lot during that time, but I suppose if I were giving advice to the me from back then, I would probably tell myself to do more unpaid VO work for practice before going into paid work.

You’ve mentioned such a noteworthy advice. I too believe that everyone should do some unpaid works in order to improve their expertise and portfolio as well. This can be of huge potential for future success.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, @markhallva :love_you_gesture:

For me, It took around 10 days for my first order.
Took a week to complete.
I offered 2 revisions and the buyer took the profit. Then he kept messaging me for modification.
As it was my first order, I needed review so I delivered modified work even the revisions ended.
After all order was completed, Since then I didn’t received order. :frowning_face: Last delivery 1 month ago.
Hoping to get soon.

For me, It took around 10 days for my first order.

Took a week to complete.

I offered 2 revisions and the buyer took the profit. Then he kept messaging me for modification.

As it was my first order, I needed review so I delivered modified work even the revisions ended.

After all order was completed, Since then I didn’t received order. :frowning_face: Last delivery 1 month ago.

Hoping to get soon.

Don’t worry brother. Keep pushing forward and I believe good times are waiting for you. You can go through some of the tips and tricks mentioned here.

All the best @rana4944

• 1 month later...
  1. It took me two days.
  2. It wasn’t overwhelming at all, client was actually really friendly and happened to be from my country who’s living abroad so we really connected on several levels.
  3. It was a $30 gig. Wouldn’t call that a big fish but it could have been worse.

I’m still relatively new so can’t offer a lot of advice but I use the app often, always check for buyers requests and try to communicate with my customers frequently once I take on the job. Also I’ve learnt a lot from the topics discussed on the forum so that helps.

All in all, it was a great first experience, he also left me a 5 star review.

Good luck!

1. It was 1 or 2 days, not sure exactly. Images I was preparing for my first gig are dated May 31 and the first order was on the 1st of June. It was an order from the 6th offer I’ve sent to BR.
  2. No, the client was lovely and the job was very simple. I took a bit of a risk with them delivering the result without a watermark, because the job included me uploading their images to a google doc. I was a tiny bit nervous about that, but they seemed legit and used their real name on their profile. Everything turned out fine.
  3. It was a $30 gig and they tipped me $15 on top. Immediately after they placed another order for $45.

As for advice, I am still my young fiverr self, my career here is going to be exactly 3 months old in a few days. But there are a few things that I know I need to improve, sort of knew it from day one.

1 - need to find the time to make my gigs look better. Some of them were 2 minutes creations and were made to accomodate requests for services that weren’t listed in my initial gigs.

2 - got to stop being squishy. Years of experience outside fiverr hardened me enough to say no to straight out scammers, rude people, buyers asking me to break the ToS and outrageously unreasonable requests. But often times I still can’t say no to a revision that is caused by a buyer forgetting to mention something. Or a buyer asking for a small discount (not more than 10%), although I am well aware that haggling on a platform like this is a huge red flag and my prices are already more that reasonable, especially for bulk orders.

Archived