Why did you chose your username and what does it mean to you?

craigscott

I was going to use Psychedelic Pupil which is the name of a projection company I own. It was too long and got shortened to psychedelicpup. When I was first signing up I didn’t put much thought into my username thinking I would be able to change it later if I liked it here.

If I could do it over I would chose a name that’s easier to spell and shorter. The good thing about it is that in combination with my green profile pic I think it’s easy to recognize me 😉

Reply to @psychedelicpup: Glad you like them!

That’s actually my problem. I have a 90% rating, and now that I have such a rating, I can’t make anyone any offers regarding their requests. Haha

Also, I think I should just have other people try my gig instead of contacting the CS to raise my rating again 🙂

“Zeus” is my actual nickname in real life, and about 70% of my friends call me that.

It is funny though, I’d say 99.9% of my buyers think I’m a guy because of this

name, but I’m not. When I finish my order and send the gig, my buyers would leave messages like “Thanks bro!” or “Thanks dude, you’re the man!” stuff like that. I don’t mind it at all of course, I tell them that I’m not a guy if they ask, LOL.

The 777 part…well. I just added that for the heck of it! 😃

DarkLimit has very deep and personal meaning to me.

People often view their dark side/part of their lives as a negative thing and rarely want to go there. But if they realize that their dark side is their strength they will find out that there is no limit to whom they can become.

I put the two together DarkLimitArts…It is now the name of my art business.

at first i was undecided between using my two usual aliases “nodeerskulls” and “draumstafur” or my actual name…went with my actual name to get my work out more, you know?

but nodeerskulls is a name i made for myself when i used to be 16 and very much into occultism, and working with runes, and my two drawing obsessions were teeth, deer skulls and octopus tentacles. i find deer skulls very pretty.

draumstafur means “rune of dreams”; this i made when i was 18, and past my occultism phrase, but runes and alchemical signs, and what i dream at night, are still my biggest inspirations.

My name mean:

"Zalmoxis[pronunciation?] (Greek Ζάλμοξις), also known as Salmoxis (Σάλμοξις), Zamolxis (Ζάμολξις), or Samolxis (Σάμολξις), is a divinity of the Getae (a people of the lower Danube), mentioned by Herodotus in his Histories IV, 93–96. In later interpretations, which begin with Jordanes (6th century AC) and have proliferated during the 19th and 20th century, mainly in Romania, he was regarded as the sole god of the Getae or as a legendary social and religious reformer who, according to Herodotus, taught the Getae a belief in immortality, so that they considered dying merely as going to Zalmoxis. Herodotus states that Zalmoxis was also called by some of the Getae Gebeleizis, which made some searchers conclude that Getae were actually henotheists or even polytheists. Another discussion exists about the chthonic (infernal) or uranian (heavenly) character of Zalmoxis."

Source:Wikipedia.com

Great question craigscott, I nearly forgot where mine comes from (magellon). Hum! I don’t know if I should explain it here, but you asked for it … over 20 years ago, my wife and myself used to frequent our favorite naturist beach in the south of France called “Magellon”. Shortly after that we bought a farm in South Africa and registered it under the business name of Magellon. Since then (not farming anymore and not in South Africa either), I use magellon as my Username for many of my online stuff %%-

Ellen Wright Group is the name of the business my fiance and I created. Elle is my pen name and Wright is his last name so basically it’s Elle and Wright. Because of my seller name people call me Ellen all the time, except for those who actually read my profile and see that my name is Lisa.

Archived