Fiverr Community Forum

WHY do buyers are allowed to contact sellers without a payment method on file?

Dear FIverr!

I have spent about 10-15 messages just to find out my buyer does not have a credit card nor paypal on file. I am not willing to go into a “how to pay” discussion, this is why we sellers pay the 20%.

Why do you allow a buyer to contact ANYONE before they have a valid payment method on file?

5 Likes

Funny you should mention that.

In the past week or two I have had several people ask me how to pay. It’s a first. Is there some change recently?

One wanted me to go into details about how to sign up on Paypal.

I have also gotten several who wanted me to work for free in the past two weeks, also a first.

3 Likes

With all these ongoing issues, looks as if we were starting to enter The Twilight Zone… :flushed:

2 Likes

Yeah I had a couple of people too ask me how do they pay. I was just like “Uhh you click the gig and order it?”

3 Likes

Probably they don’t get that too, but it also means they have not gone through the step when they place a card/paypal on file, which enables ordering at all.

1 Like

Fiverr should change their name to “The Incredible Fiverr” a subtitle would be “get everything for free or pay $5 max”.

1 Like

They are growing a lot, and fast … i think they are listening though as they’ve given a way now to block buyers which has always been a big request on the forums. Im sure they have a lot more to roll out, and a lot of “revisions” to make themselves haha

I can definitely appreciate they are growing and thats a great thing! It’ll all come together soon!

3 Likes

yes you are true in your saying

2 Likes