Fiverr Community Forum

Why do sellers advertise themselves in buyer requests?

I am a new seller on Fiverr and so perhaps I am missing something but it seems the Buyer Requests is misused by sellers. Instead of it being filled with buyers looking for quotes from sellers, it is populated with sellers trying to advertise their services. Is this allowed or even encouraged by Fiverr?

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t quite get it either. In my category - proof reading, editing, translation and transcription, the requests are so overfilled with sellers trying to hawk their wares that it’s insane. Out of 100 bids, at least 90-95 must be sellers that are not attracting any user attention otherwise. It’s hard to find legitimate work in that section.

If this is actually encouraged, I’m going to be pretty confused. What is the point of the section, then…?

I’m offering gigs in the same area - scientific proofreading and editing so it is tough to find any jobs to bid on.

Because they are some stupid desperate Meksells, fishing for Buyers/Sales which of course doesnot work at all.

Of course NOT. Its against TOS and can result in suspension of accounts.

I definitely feel you there. I wish you the best of luck in finding some work soon, though!

Can these kind of requests be reported, then? I found about five legitimate requests to a hundred of these hawkers in my Quote list today, which is just… unbelievable, frankly. Especially if it is against the TOS.

:arrow_down:

1 Like

I would have thought that Fiverr could easily monitor the requests and quickly ban accounts that break the rules. That would be more efficient than relying on us to report them.

1 Like

I imagine it’s not easy to monitor. There’s a lot of these requests going out, and hand-finding them and banning them would certainly take a long time. They do get banned, as far as I know, but I don’t think quickly is an accurate descriptor for how they get banned.

just because they all are frustrated :smile: