WHY DO sellers USE FAKE PROFILE PICTURES?

I’ve seen so many barely dressed women on fiverr asking me why are they losing sells.

Um, It’s because your profile picture is fake & a tad bit offensive and you sell poor quality work.

If you are that beautiful why don’t you offer modeling pics. INSTEAD OF BADLY EDITED GRAPHICS?

JUST A FREE BIT OF ADVICE

SEX only sells if you’re selling SEX.

Yes, you’ll get a few orders from perverts, but once you deliver the work and it’s poor quality,

they’re never coming back.

Besides, this is FIVERR, no one’s looking for love here.

Its mainly entrepreneurs looking for a cheaper way to outsource services,

IN SHORT:: If you’re an overweight, balding man from pakistan,india,or middle america, BE PROUD of it

and embrace your uniqueness,lol

Don’t pose as a big breasted blonde from california, who is great at website optimization because youre only adding “creepy” & “obvious” to your resume.

FELLOW FIVERRz LETS EXPOSE THE FAKES!

SHARE THE OBVIOUSLY FAKE PROFILE PICS THAT YOU’VE RAN ACROSS, LMAO

THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING!!

Edit: Sheriff’s note: Please don’t post any images with identifying details - they will be deleted if you do

They should change Fiverr into a dating site. There are so many beautiful women on here. I’d be worried about one of them taking my boyfriend, but thankfully they all seem to live in Pakistan and spend most of their time doing SEO-related tasks. :slight_smile:

When the playstation 3 came out there was huge grey market. People all over where buying the system just to resell it especially on ebay. To break through the crowd people starting positioning sexy girls over the boxes and those actually sold the best and the fastest. The truth is attractive women is who most people want to do business with, even other women. And at the very least just having a picture of an attractive female will get more attention to someones gig. If this wasn’t the case people wouldn’t do it.

And I just saw Leonardo Dicaprio selling SEO services !! :-?

Im a stunningly gorgeous 20 something with long blonde hair, California tan and blue eyes that sparkle. I need to buy a picture of an ugly old person because I have no sales.

KIDDING! I’m a nearly 50 female with short hair and average middle-aged looks. My current photo is real although taken a few years ago, a bit blurred on purpose because I’m paranoid, and I think people like it because it’s realistic and my horse was a beauty! Sales keep growing too, a little at a time.

Reply to @rachelbostwick: I’d buy from you!

It attracts the attention and what’s more - sex doesn’t only sale when it’s sex you’re selling. There are many industries where it is used to attract and sell, mainly men targeted of course.

Poor services remain poor even with a dream woman profile picture.

Hey, I’m an overweight, balding man from India and this isn’t funny. :-w

My favorite are the blondes from Nigeria that claim to be from the US in their description.

Seems totally legit…

It turns out that there are “How to Make Money on Fiverr” books that specifically advise the reader to use a photo of a pretty girl for his or her avatar in order to attract more buyers. The books also often advise the reader to do other things that violate the Terms of Service of the site. The same is true of similar books devoted to making money on other sites.

They make interesting reading, and, to be sure, there are also some books that give legitimate business advice. However, if you read one that suggests blatant disregard of a site’s rules, though, it’s probably best not to follow it.

I posted my picture because I’m not the pretty girl. I’m just trying to make money so I can move out of my in-laws house. Plus it was a black and white photo so it was something different. Hopefully it’ll work for me.

Reply to @sterling_style: You already have 3 orders. I’d say it was working. :slight_smile:

The Internet changes so fast. When I was using ebay several years ago, pics of hot girls seemed to sell goods. Now, what with the scams and all, it’s better to see who you’re dealing with. It makes a sale more personable.

Reply to @dimipapa: sex sells when you sell products or a lifestyle…

It won’t carry you very far when you sell a service that doesnt compare to the competition. …

But you made a great point, thanks for adding to the discussion.

Reply to @madmoo: the great MADMOO, man you’re a fiverr legend. … your profile/sales inspire me!

Sidenote: I got a sheriff’s note on my post, I feel like that’s the equivalent of an "inciting a riot’ ticket ,lol

Reply to @sara1984: LMAO! I Seriously thought no one noticed!

Its an episode of CATFISH & Big bang theory waiting to happen…Smh

Reply to @protipster: @dukanu said it best…poor service is still poor service, even if a dream girl is in the profile pic…

Sex brings attention, but it doesn’t breed conversion rates… it’s got to me more than the allure offered.

Reply to @dukanu: YOU SAID It BETTER THAN ME!!! Where we’re you when I was writing that LONG-WINDED POST! ?

Fyi::: I’m going to quote you in my replies yo the non-believers. … THANKS BUDDY

Reply to @kay2809: sorry to hear that buddy, :frowning:

A quick “Google image search” can fix that… LOL

I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND,

IM JUST TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE

If it makes you feel better, I’m a young, handsome and witty American biracial minority , who doesn’t fully appreciate his blessings. I admire foreigners, y’all have a great work ethic & strong values.

I say again: NO OFFENSE , MY FRIEND

Reply to @sara1984: WELL SAID!