Fiverr Community Forum

Why does Fiverr not support their sellers?

I was reading the cancellation policy and it totally sides with the buyer.

I had a client order a gig from me, and I delivered everything that was required of me. However, he responded that he wanted me to time the voice to his video which is an extra. When I informed him of that, he refused and said that he had stated that’s what he wanted originally, which he did NOT make clear to me. At this point, I had already done the work and delivered it to him, but Fiverr tells me to just mutually cancel the gig.

What? No! I’m sorry, but I do the work, and then I get paid. Besides, I already delivered the file to him, so now he has my work and I’m SOL. It seems totally unfair and allows shady buyers to get free work.

This is an older thread, but there are some tips you might find helpful.
http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/27417/buyers-asking-for-re-dos-or-cancellations-stop-and-read-this-first-/p1

Fiverr supported me today. I had a buyer who was being a real jerk, I had already done a revision and he demanded another one, then I demanded a refund. He kept saying no, he kept insulting me, said I was his employee, threatened me with a bad review. I must have sent 5 cancellations and he rejected all of them. So I wrote customer service, and they took care of it.

I’m sorry for what happened to you, the reality is that arguing with buyers is a waste of time, they want what they want, and if you can’t deliver it, you’re better off cancelling then trying to convince them otherwise.

fiverr customer service usually takes the sellers side if the buyer insults the seller or threatens a bad review.

I had a dishonest seller attempt to copy me and Customer Service immediately banned their account. They are wonderful.

Recently a buyer tried to blackmail me to get his work from me for free and again Customer Service not only corrected the problem he caused, but he is GONE from fiverr now I see. I am loving CS but also I have the greatest sympathy for those who are less than pleased. Customer Service has always been great to me.

Reply to @diplomadon: I can’t agree, actually. I had a pretty bad experience with a buyer, who wanted more work for free and left me an insulting review as a result. CS’ response? They removed the “insulting part” and left the review.

I can’t help but notice, however, that there’s a decline in the quality of customer service. I’ve had some dealings with CS and they were always reasonable - you had to go to them a couple of times, as their first reaction is usually “talk it with your buyer” - but they’d always side with you, if you’re right.

I just read another thread about a seller, who was blackmailed by his buyer, and CS basically forced him to do the extra work for free. I don’t know what’s happening there, but I really, really don’t like it.

Reply to @diplomadon: They really don’t.

Reply to @ryangillam: This has been my experience