Why does Fiverr SPAM accounts?

paolagarciam

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

First, that’s not Fiverr spamming you, that’s other users. Reply ‘no’ and report the message. New profiles are frequently targeted by scammers.

They want to talk outside of fiverr not only is it against the rules and you have to run the risk of getting banned, any professional seller or company would not break the set TOS. It is a lot easier for scammers to get your personal info after they have your email, number, or social media account, and you put yourself in danger. You are a new seller It makes sense that scammers would prey on new sellers, as they are inexperienced, often desperate for sales, and don’t know how to differentia…
Hello Fiverr sellers. Although I sell voice work I think this topic is universal to us all. I’m starting to notice a trend of things that hoist up the old warning flag that something isn’t right with a buyer. What are some things that start raising red flags with you?

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

First, that’s not Fiverr spamming you, that’s other users. Reply ‘no’ and report the message. New profiles are frequently targeted by scammers.

They want to talk outside of fiverr not only is it against the rules and you have to run the risk of getting banned, any professional seller or company would not break the set TOS. It is a lot easier for scammers to get your personal info after they have your email, number, or social media account, and you put yourself in danger. You are a new seller It makes sense that scammers would prey on new sellers, as they are inexperienced, often desperate for sales, and don’t know how to differentia…
Hello Fiverr sellers. Although I sell voice work I think this topic is universal to us all. I’m starting to notice a trend of things that hoist up the old warning flag that something isn’t right with a buyer. What are some things that start raising red flags with you?

In conclusion, if they were spammed by Fiverr, then do not even reply to that.

Do you know if Fiverr could fix the average response time since it went down when I replied to that spam message?

When clients send you documents that you can’t preview on the website/app, or they send you links, do you just open/download them?

Does Fiverr have a system where they warn you of a virus contained in the link or something?

Thank you.

Do you know if Fiverr could fix the average response time since it went down when I replied to that spam message?

When clients send you documents that you can’t preview on the website/app, or they send you links, do you just open/download them?

Does Fiverr have a system where they warn you of a virus contained in the link or something?

Thank you.

There’s a bug in the messaging system that will count spam in the rate, even if marked. Which is why most people reply with a simple “no” before reporting/blocking.

In theory, yes, though CS is overwhelmed currently, and it’s easier to just bring your rate back up by replying to more messages.

. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/response-time-rate-faq

. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011451678

For me, it depends on the file type. I have my computer set to display previews without opening files. No clue now much that helps, though. I never open suspicious stuff, unless the client has already placed an order, and I’ve run a check on my computer.

Yes, but it’s not very good.

. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-your-inbox

Archived