Why does Fiverr taking away so much MONEE from my completed gigs?

This has been discussed & dragged through the mud.

Here are a few threads to read OP. 🍍

Hey folks, so Fiverr just posted the latest blog post that I wrote for them: http://blog.fiverr.com/so-how-and-why-does-fiverr-commission-work-anyway/ It’s all about my experiences with the Fiverr platform and how the optimizations and time saved makes it more than worth paying them 20% in commissions. I’d be interested in your thoughts.
As a professional freelance writer both on the Fiverr PRO platform and outside it, I have had the opportunity to work with multiple clients in multiple ways. What’s interesting to me is what I get for the 20% commission I pay to Fiverr, compared to charging my standard rates outside. At the moment, I charge the same for Fiverr gigs as I do to my other, non-Fiverr clients, and even though I earn 20% less, I don’t mind - here’s why: Marketing opportunities - Marketing is expensive, in times of…
Why does Fiverr Charge a 20% commission on tips? In very plain language, if tips weren’t considered the same as all other payments, it would lead to a loophole where Fiverr doesn’t get paid because the funds are given to the seller for a job as a tip. If you want to see an example of potential abuse: Click for Abuse ScenarioA regular buyer could ask their chosen seller about a discount on the $40 package the buyer purchases every month. The seller could take a small risk buying offering to d…
20% fee is very high according to other freelance website. It’s need to be one digit.
You guys take 20% of each sale and when we have to withdraw our funds you dont even pay the paypal fee… We pay that? Seriously greedy fiverr.

There are plenty more just type in 20% fee in the 🔎 field.

Happy Reading!

This commission is the cost of using their wildly popular platform.

Without Fiverr, you’d have to do the following (in no specific order):

1. Identify your target market
  2. Build a website that’s secure optimized for both desktop and mobile ($)
  3. Optimize it for SEO ($)
  4. Submit your website to google via their complicated search console
  5. Market your presence (Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Bing) ($$$$)
  6. Develop and maintain your own sales funnel.
  7. Much more that I won’t cover.

I know this because I’m living it, and it takes an obscene amount of time. Fiverr is a massive, heavily trafficked platform, and many sellers earn new clients by doing the minimum amount of work necessary.

So ask yourself, when you question the 20% commission, are you willing to build your own business from scratch without assistance?

I don’t know if it’s tax or anything else, but they should just keep the cost at a low.

I don’t know if it’s tax or anything else, but they should just keep the cost at a low.

Sigh. I started to author a response, when your question simply drained the life force out of me. Why don’t you offer your service free? Why charge so much MONEE?

20% is not that bad. I think Lyft/Uber charges 25% to 30%, and sometimes other fees as well. Sometimes you make more money when a passenger cancels a ride ($5) than when he takes a ride.

Thumbtack forces sellers to buy bidding credit. 12 credits for $17.99, a pack of 24 credits for $34.99 or a pack of 60 credits for $84.99. Each bid requires 3 credits, so what do you think happens if you bid 20 times and never get an order? That’s $84.99 down the toilet. Maybe that’s OK for the people doing $200 and $500 jobs, but for the rest of us, that’s no good.

If Thumbtack followed Fiverr’s model, it would be more successful.

Sigh. I started to author a response, when your question simply drained the life force out of me. Why don’t you offer your service free? Why charge so much MONEE?

Sigh, I wanted to read your response. 😄

20% is peanuts 🥜 mo’ monee, mo’ problemz.

Every new seller has this same feeling. They get shocked when they are getting money 20% deducted.

They get shocked when they are getting money 20% deducted.

How is it possible to be shocked when you have to agree to the TOS as a matter of joining, and it is very clear as to the charges? If you agree to something that you don’t read that’s just dumb, but if they are shocked, that speaks about the intelligence of the users, not about any fiverr issue.

20% is peanuts 🥜 mo’ monee, mo’ problemz.

Have you ever started typing a response and thought to yourself “It’s just not worth it”?

Have you ever started typing a response and thought to yourself “It’s just not worth it”?

Yup! All the time. 😅

Reasons: people are thin-skinned, don’t listen and post nonsense and take things the wrong way. So, I find myself hitting the cancel button to keep it movin’.

Yup! All the time. 😅

Reasons: people are thin-skinned, don’t listen and post nonsense and take things the wrong way. So, I find myself hitting the cancel button to keep it movin’.

So, I find myself hitting the cancel button to keep it movin’.

By the way, how can I mek sells? I have had no sells since 30 days.

Where is the banging your head against the wall emoji?

So, I find myself hitting the cancel button to keep it movin’.

By the way, how can I mek sells? I have had no sells since 30 days.

Here ya go! 😃

headbang.gif.3a787619adae57adba666da550c6db0a.gif

The thing that frustrates me is why people don’t use the forum search function.

Grr. It’s a major pet peeve of mine. Using the search 🔎 field is actually faster in getting a response. I’ve summed it up to lazy bones.

Just increase your prices 20%. Problem solved.

Archived