Why does gig photo get pixelated when uploaded?

imake_art

Hi, my name is Riddhi. I just created my fiverr account a few days ago and posted my first gig (which you can find here: https://www.fiverr.com/imake_art/make-hand-drawn-seamless-patterns-for-fabric-and-textile). I also added a gig image which has the size: 1920*1080. I think that size is normal and doesn’t make the gig image look pixelated or blurred. However, after I posted the gig, I saw that the image appeared to be very pixelated and weird and I don’t know the reason for that. Can someone tell me why that happened?

I have also added images of how the gig photo looks.

Capture.PNG.jpg.a853d6f502316068229c08f8982cc873.jpg
Capture.PNG366×519 64.5 KB
1830525857_Capture1.PNG.thumb.jpg.cf8a35cfe66908f12a5d8fcb615f0b33.jpg
Capture 1.PNG1812×889 305 KB

Hey Riddhi! It looks okay to me when I check it - I might encourage you to use a block/“filled in” font for the main gig picture though, I think the openings in the letters lend themselves to making the whole thing look a little blurry. Beautiful work, by the way 🙂

Thanks, I will try changing it to another font.

Hi, my name is Riddhi. I just created my fiverr account a few days ago and posted my first gig (which you can find here: https://www.fiverr.com/imake_art/make-hand-drawn-seamless-patterns-for-fabric-and-textile). I also added a gig image which has the size: 1920*1080. I think that size is normal and doesn’t make the gig image look pixelated or blurred. However, after I posted the gig, I saw that the image appeared to be very pixelated and weird and I don’t know the reason for that. Can someone tell me why that happened?

I have also added images of how the gig photo looks.

Can someone tell me why that happened?

Fiverr optimizes each gig image when uploaded. You can see that the size (not dimensions) of your original gig which is available on your end is much higher and when you see the size of your gig image is much lesser. It’s because Fiverr compresses each image during the upload process and then further compresses it for their thumbnail size.

Your image is scaled down from 1920 x 1080 to 230 x 142 pixels (thumbnail size). Loss of pixels is normal during compression.

Download this image and compare it with your original size available in your pc.

make-hand-drawn-seamless-patterns-for-fabric-and-textile.thumb.jpg.67280ab1d311548d975b8d15573dbc22.jpg
1920×1080 330 KB

This is 330 kb. (I hope the size that you uploaded is much higher than 330 kb).

Compression is the main cause.

Can someone tell me why that happened?

Fiverr optimizes each gig image when uploaded. You can see that the size (not dimensions) of your original gig which is available on your end is much higher and when you see the size of your gig image is much lesser. It’s because Fiverr compresses each image during the upload process and then further compresses it for their thumbnail size.

Your image is scaled down from 1920 x 1080 to 230 x 142 pixels (thumbnail size). Loss of pixels is normal during compression.

Download this image and compare it with your original size available in your pc.

This is 330 kb. (I hope the size that you uploaded is much higher than 330 kb).

Compression is the main cause.

Thanks. The gig photo that I uploaded was 3,063 kb.

So should I make the gig image smaller or bigger?

Always use original high quality gig images. Make sure your work is original.

When you click on the full screen icon you can see the image to its full potential. However one extra advise given by me will be blindly followed by many other users.

Archived