Fiverr Community Forum

Why does the "online" icon turns grey even though I'm online?

Hi,
I want to ask why is that when I have my Fiverr account opened in a tab, I’m working on another tabs/applications. After some time, it shows me offline (grey icon), even though I’m connected to the internet. Can someone tell me why does it happen?

7 Likes

Because you haven’t refreshed/loaded a page in a certain amount of time. It doesn’t show whether you’re connected to the internet, just whether you’ve been active on Fiverr recently.

This is what CS said about the online icon:

When you sign into your Fiverr account there is a 15-minute delay before the system will show you as online to other users. This is represented by the status dot on your profile picture in the top right. When it is gray you are offline and green is for online. There is a timeout if your [Fiverr . com] page is idle for some time, this is usually 30-45 minutes.

eg. if you were away from your computer/device for hours but it was still connected to the internet, showing you as “online” to users wouldn’t really be that useful. Though maybe they should reword it to make it clearer to users.

6 Likes

Check your online status

If it’s off, on it. This is applicable if you use the mobile app version

1 Like

When you goes to any other tab fiverr tab interaction terminated. Even you connected to internet but fiverr tab isn’t front of screen that means fiverr tab is closed. It will receive notifications only.

Much better install mobile aap, turn on online batch, make sure mobile connected to internet and allow application to run at background :+1:

but it still shows offline when my mobile screen turns off.

Refresh the page after some minutes :dog:

Enable fiverr application Run in Background at your phone

1 Like

please check your online status…

I’m online from phone and I’m using the same tab of fiverr on browser but still the online status is grey and I have refreshed and login as well. What’s next?

Sometimes it does that when you have been idle for a long time on Fiverr. If you just refresh, it’ll say that you’re online again!

I’ve experienced it sometimes. In settings check your “online status” it should be turned on.

This is another app? What is the process?

Hello Everyone
I mostly use Fiverr on my mobile phone ( Fiverr application ) i have a spare phone in which Fiverr is installed and that phone is connected to internet it remains connected to internet 24/7 and the fiverr application also remains On until the battery of phone gets dead but after a short interval of time the icon turns to grey I have checked my online status from my friends account there was gre icon with my username but the Fiverr application was On and there’s mentioned in that application you will remain online until this application is open
Is there a y way to remain online for maximum time?