Fiverr Forum

Why don't sellers just do it right first time?

Can anybody tell me why sellers seem to drag the job out longer than necessary and give themselves extra work? There has been many times that I’ve requested design work and, having studied design myself I know exactly how I want something done, I explain very descriptively and include mock ups, or examples, and pantone colours etc. Then the seller comes back with something totally different and I have to go through the whole explaining process all over again.
This week I even sent a screenshot of a 3d book cover that the seller was using as an example of there own work, and still it took three revisions to get it right.
Whats this all about? It just wastes eveybody’s time, Im so fed up with it I might not use fiverr again!

6 Likes

You probably have more formal experience with design than a lot of the sellers here. Remember, anyone can sign up to sell on Fiverr. You may have to look in higher price ranges to get the professional quality work you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Thanks for that perspective. Yes Its possible, yet they always get there within a couple of days anyway so I assume they know how to do it. Its fairly simple stuff Im asking for too.

I understand you completely. Last week, I went through the same ordeal, seller pretending to not understand, or merely suffering from “convenient amnesia.” Look, I am in law school so, I speak and write very clearly, to the point where a little kid can understand. I think sellers like "********,"intentionally pretend as if they can’t follow basic/simple instructions in order to manipulate the customer.

I gave ******** simple instructions my 5 year old sister could understand, and that was not good enough for him. I am under the impression that many Fiverr sellers (********) really don’t have the skill-set their profiles advertise! Anyone can claim to have graduated with a Computer Science degree; anyone can set up a Linked in account and lie; anyone can claim to be proficient in Wordpress, Html, Javascript, Css; anyone can claim anything on Fiverr.

Well, I hope this post saves someone from getting upset and frustrated, which is what I experienced with an incompetent seller.

Mod Note: Username removed.

@onlinemoney3 Could you remove the username from your post please? It’s against the forum rules.

Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience

If you ask me then I would say don’t just hurry with the order placing. You have all the time to verify if the seller suits your need and also if he has the skill he mentioned. If you stick to the basic rule, like what will be the process the seller will be following (for the task) or asking about previous works will make your life easy. Don’t just fall for the low price as @adrover has mentioned earlier. New sellers will do best if you give them the opportunity, but again you have to testify them applying your own method.

Fiverr is a great place. Have a happy journey here :slight_smile:

Yes @adrover You are absolutely right…I agree

Looks like you’ve been skipping defamation class.

Ineed.

4 Likes

It’s very possible. Just like some people, who have already been warned that naming and shaming isn’t allowed on the forum (a very basic/simple concept), conveniently “forget” about it whenever they feel like naming and shaming.

7 Likes

Defamation of character applies when someone is telling a lie, thanks!

cyaxrex

March 15

onlinemoney3:
Look, I am in law school

onlinemoney3:
I think sellers like "********,"intentionally pretend as if they can’t follow basic/simple instructions in order to manipulate the customer.

I gave ******** simple instructions my 5 year old sister could understand

Looks like you’ve been skipping defamation class.

onlinemoney3:
Anyone can claim to have graduated with a Computer Science degree; anyone can set up a Linked in account and lie; anyone can claim to be proficient in Wordpress, Html, Javascript, Css; anyone can claim anything on Fiverr.

Ineed.

Thanks for your perspective and good advice. Generally I contact the seller before placing the order to explain what I want and ask if they can do it, which is why the situation baffles me all the more!

1 Like

I guess you have to revise your theory of selecting a seller, most of the time buyers go for the sellers having a lot of reviews where I guess most of them are companies; what i think an individual freelancer would be a better fit instead of freelancers working in groups.
This cuts off the chances of facing communication gap between both parties.

The usual reason for that to happen even after contacting the seller first is going for the sellers with the lowest prices.

Of course, I’m not saying that’s the reason in your case, since I have no way of knowing whether that’s what you’re doing.

Maybe its lack of communication skills & understanding

Thanks for your input

1 Like

Interesting perspective, Thanks

1 Like

Oh, I love the burn here.

1 Like

I am too after seeing all the writing gigs where there are the most basic grammar mistakes an eight year old wouldn’t make.

I was shocked one time when I got some logo samples. The idea of centering something is unknown.

However, I also have worked with graphic designers who would command $100,000 salaries if they were in the U.S. but charged very little. So the skill levels are varied.

That’s an interesting question because it doesn’t make any sense at all indeed.
Especially, in case you don’t know it as a buyer, as we (sellers) only get paid after the order not only has been delivered but also completed by the buyer/auto-completed three days after delivery plus another “security clearance period” of 7/14 days according to seller level.
The sooner we deliver, the sooner we get paid.

Seeing that and that you’re saying you get very different results from the same sellers, it could be that you’re picking resellers rather than actual providers.
Those might give it a try themselves first for a higher profit, and in case of a revision request start looking to outsource it to someone who’s more able to do the job in question.
Or they just start putting in real effort once it’s clear their low effort first try didn’t work, no idea, people here have widely different kinds of attitudes, in all sorts of ways, both sellers and buyers.

Besides its main purpose, Fiverr is a fantastic resource for field studies in psychology, cultural differences and commonalities, MOs of doing business and many other things. :woman_scientist:

IMO, the key to successfully making use of the great opportunity and people that Fiverr is, as a buyer, is to rather spend more time beforehand to find reliable and good providers in the fields you need them and then stick with them, adding to your pool of trusted sellers as needed, than after the fact with all the hassle of revisions or even cancellations while time runs through your hands.

2 Likes