Why fiverr disabled direct contact to buyer via app

spzigsee

last night i was contacting buyers according to their requirements to clarify the requirement all of sudden i was unable to contact buyers directly.

Fiverr is saying its protecting buyers from spam but buyer asked for services and as a seller im clarifying requirement before i can send custom offer.if fiverr is concerned about buyer’s privacy why don’t fiverr let buyer to decide weather to get direct messages or to block direct messages from sellers.

i think as a buyer i would love to get different messages from different sellers and then choose one i like and later on can block direct messages if I wants.

This step of fiverr really affected my sale and Now im thinking of switching to other freelance sites as there is no difference between fiverr and other sites now but chances are that i will not make logo for $5 anymore.

Fiverr is great website so my request to fiverr team please redo direct contact to buyer. IF buyer’s privacy is concerned let buyer decide that by blocking direct contact or allowing direct contact

Thanks

Did the buyer contact you first?

And did this happen with ALL buyers or just this one that you were talking to last night?

And no a buyer does not want spam messages from random sellers sending them emails for maybe use later on, at least I would not want that.

I COMPLETELY AGREE AND ITS FOR ALL BUYERS. WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT SPAM MESSAGING WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN A BUYER POST IN BUYERS REQUEST AND YOU COULD HAVE DIRECTLY MESSAGE THEM VIA THE APP AND CLARIFY THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB THEY POSTED BEFORE SENDING AN OFFER. I NOTICE THAT IT HAS BEEN CUT OUT ON THE APP AND I THINK FIVERR MADE A HUGE ERROR ON THAT.

I REALLY HOPE THEY BRING IT BACK BECAUSE IT WAS REALY HELPFUL

Reply to @spsingh: so if this only happened with one buyer, it is very possible the buyers account got shut down suddenly. Sometimes that happens where you are emailing a buyer and then all of a sudden can’t.

If you are saying it is happening to all of your buyers who contacted you first then that is a problem.

So which is it, just this one buyer or all your buyers who messaged you and asked you for a custom quote? HOw many buyers did this happen with?

spzigsee said: spzigsee

I am 1000% agreed with you and i am also thinking of shifting to other sites... fiverr should allow the buyers to decide wether they want to receive messages or not... fiverr is loosing their buyers and sellers and this step will surely effect fiverr ... so my request to fiverr is that atleast let the buyers decide wether they want to receive the messages or not ...

Please undo this step or you will loose your buyers and sellers aswell

Hate to be the Devils Advocate here - I myself am a seller so I get what you guys are talking about. However, I submitted a buyers request once… My Inbox was FILLED with messages not even an hour later. People asking for more specifics, people just bypassing the Buyers Request offer and going straight to my inbox… etc.

I think Fiverr did this for the Buyer’s protection and to level the playing field by sticking to those 10 Offers only.

Reply to @designbybliss: I can see how that might be the case and why Fiverr would do it for just those reasons.

I also think that if a buyer does not write a good buyer request, then any seller should just move on. I think some of it comes from the desparation of the seller trying to go after that one job as much as they can. If a buyer doesn’t write up good instructions, just give as best an offer as you can, writing as many details and the at the bottom say you are happy to discuss more options if the buyer wants to provide more details, and then if it does not fit what they need they will write and ask back.

Reply to @spsingh:
As a BUYER, agree with both spzigsee and spsingh.

Seems crazy to restrict the ability to communicate,
refine details of a Gig, etc. Both parties lose.

Have a client in the Call Center industry (“Virtual
Staffing”). There in a quest for efficiency, they
have automated email systems, which often times
prohibits communication of relevant information.

i wasnt aware they did that…i just joined yesterday and that was the reason that i joined was because i liked how there was communication between the buyer and the seller, but now if theres no communication, how will you know more precisely what they want? how will you know if they want it to be revised? its just going to be so much more of a hassle

Reply to @kjblynx let me explain you why pre order communication between buyer and seller is must .
I create custom websites here and in buyer requests most buyers just write " I need new website with great user interface "
NOW you tell me what amount custom offer should I send ?
If I will send $5 or $50 without knowing exact requirement then that will be non sence.
So my point is pre order communication between buyer and seller is very much important.

thanks @ronasia see @designbybliss even buyers dont like this restriction and @designbybliss buyer wants quick results what if something he requested in next message im not interested to do then buyer will send message to each and every custom offer ? TOTALLY NON SENCE.
if buyer’s privacy is concerned Please give buyer an option to block or unblock direct messages anytime that way both buyers and sellers would be happy.

i love fiverr currently not working on any other freelance website because orders from buyers request was main source for me to earn money but now im thinking to move away and i know most of buyers now moving away because they are getting irrelevant custom offers.

So my request to Fiverr please bring pre order communication back

Thanks

Reply to @kjblynx: I haven’t either. I haven’t seen any recent change in the ability to write back to sellers who contact me first unless they did something to break the rules. I am not sure what people are referring to in this thread. When I am a buyer, I do not want to get messages from sellers unless I contact them first or unless it’s for a very good reason.

Granted, I rarely use the mobile app, but on my Kindle and my PC I have no difficulties replying to potential buyers who contacted me first. I’ve never been blocked from messaging unless the buyer account was shut down. :-/

Reply to @photoarenaa: Bumping posts in Tips for Sellers is very, very unlikely to get Fiverr’s attention. The only category for buyers/sellers to start new posts and is monitored much is the Suggestion Box. So, bumping in this category isn’t a great idea and could get the post moved or deleted if done to excess. Just FYI.

Archived