Fiverr Forum

Why Fiverr Flaws, Means I am Ordering Less Gigs

Sometimes (like now) an order is late (I order gigs weekly from different people) however, the seller lists the gig as complete, and they also choose (due to privacy ???) not to be contactable. WTF ! ! !

What is a buyer supposed to do… easily when Fiverr puts the systems in place to prevent legitimate refunds from taking place when a buyer is ripped off… ? ?

Bottom line I order less gigs where I always give great reviews, tips and buy extras as well.

Shame on fiverr this is not the 1st time this has happened to me either…

Actually the ‘due to privacy’ is displayed by fiverr not the seller. If you see this then it means the seller is either no longer on the site or isn’t permitted to do any more gigs.

Actually, if that message is displaying it might be that your seller has been banned from the site for a TOS violation, assuming that your order is late and you’re seeing that message it is high probability.

You can contact customer support or wait till the gig goes “Very Late” at which point you can cancel the order, an obtain a full refund.

I can say this. I tried messaging a couple sellers and was given the user not found. I figured they were kicked off here but they werent. Its an error on the site that needs to be fixed. After trying to message and refresh pages 2-3 times it would go thru. Also i ordered a gig that never went thru. it went to the page where paypal took it, out of my account and the gig never processed in fiverr. I took screenshots of the whole history and CS response was they refunded the money and to try again. Well to me thats not acceptable to “try” if they wont fix their site. I lost over 24 hours and my time and the sellers time was wasted.

rssrc753 said: Its an error on the site that needs to be fixed.
Awesome. Another bug to add to the list.

Reply to @itsyourthing:

To show you I clicked on your gig and when I go to contact this comes up on top of the screen

Reply to @itsyourthing:

So for new buyers even you maybe missing them as they think you are not on here any longer :confused:

Wow, thanks for that. I assumed the reason I hadn’t been getting any orders this week was due to one of the other ‘old chestnut’ issues, like search results being effed up, or notifications not working, or maybe even the quirky one where the pages display in French or Spanish for no reason.

Now I get to spend lord alone knows how long jumping through Customer Support ticket hoops so I can maybe get a response in two weeks that says they’re working on it.

It may be time to polish up my old odesk account. :slight_smile: Seriously though, thanks for letting me know - and posting the proof!

Edit: Interesting that my o**desk got Fragglesrocked, but the one in your earlier post didn’t.

Reply to @rssrc753: Who knows, maybe they suspended my account because I was rousing the rabble, and the system is so wacky they don’t even know it yet!

Reply to @itsyourthing:

No problem!

itsyourthing said: Edit: Interesting that my fragglesrock got Fragglesrocked, but the one in your earlier post didn't.

I separate the fragglesrock to bypass the filter on here. ;)

itsyourthing said: maybe they suspended my account because I was rousing the rabble, and the system is so wacky they don't even know it yet!

This is like this on quite a few profiles. It appears to come up about 50% of the time I noticed. Also shot you a message to see the errors on the page and how bad this site is.

Reply to @rssrc753:

rssrc753 said: Also shot you a message to see the errors on the page and how bad this site is.
Thanks, I got the message and replied. I already knew the site was bad and generally didn't care - other than the occasional vigilante rants on this forum. :)

This place has been a pretty convenient platform for cranking out a few quick gigs, but honestly, it's getting increasingly difficult to remain associated with this nonsense. Another off-site contract or two and I'm gonna stick a fork in this account.

Reply to @ozzieuk: can’t you escalate this issue with CS? Of all the kooky glitches, buyers being told that entire accounts don’t exist isn’t helping sales.

That appears to be a bug then, can you report it here: http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or email suport@fiverr.com

Fiverr Customer Support

http://support.fiverr.com