Why Fiverr Getting money on TIP?

Tipping your server in a restaurant is expected, although not legally required, in the United States. There are customary amounts that you should leave for good service. In other countries, tipping rules can vary widely. It’s a good idea to let your server know if he or she has done a good job, though!

Then why Fiverr deducting from it?

Guest offlinehelpers

To stop unscrupulous sellers from charging $5 for a gig and asking for $995 as a tip - otherwise they would lose the 20% on the tip which is being used to pay for the bulk of the gig. ☀️

Heavily discussed topic. A simple search 🔎 you’ll find a bunch of topics with different opinions and whatnot.

Today, I received a $10 commission on an order. I thought that “Great, at last, you can get a full fund.” But WTF, I just got $8. Now, that’s unfair. Tips are kinda thing that you need to achieve by working hard. It is true, that Fiverr gives us, this much traffic, to our GiGs, but for that reason, they are cutting 20% from the money. So why on earth, do they charge from the Tips Also? I don’t know, Shame on you #fiverr
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if the 20% Fiverr charges is a fair deal. Most platforms charges between 5-10% depending on the level of the freelancer. To even make it worst, they even charge same on tips…I just cannot imagine that. Well, its not like there is anything I or we can do or is there?
Hi, I’m a new seller on Fiverr (2 months now but still new seller with around 5 animated video orders completed). I was just wondering what my fellow sellers (regardless of level) think about the Fiverr Commision. It is fair that they take 20%? Should they take less? I personally think they should do this: Implement a subscription charge as an option in addition to the commission. This way sellers have the option to pay less, though they are at a higher risk if they don’t make many sales. Fiv…
It is a standard Fiverr policy to have the site commission of 20% on each deal between a buyer and seller. The policy is applied on the tips from a happy buyer to a seller as well. As a matter of principle TIPS aint part of the original deal and given for an extraordinary performance by a seller. In your opinion Fiverr should revise the policy of applying site commission on TIPS or otherwise? please comment
Hi I am really confused that is it really fair to take 20% commission for tip that buyers give us for good work or their highly satisfaction.I think when a buyer give a tip to the seller the credit only goes to the seller not fiverr. Fiverr already get a 20% commission on that order but why they take a part on the tip.i think this is really not good,they shouldnt take anything from the tip.share your experience friends

I totally agree… It’s bad enough that I’m losing 20% off the order… while I understand that they have to take some money, because they live off it… 20% is A LOT…
But also 20% of the tip?? Really? I just sold a gig for 105$ and only got 89$ out of it…
Isn’t there a way to check tips and messages? If someone is ASKING for tips to avoid the 20%, it should clearly be against the rules and should be reported…
But I think it’s really saddening that you barely get anything out of even tips. I feel like tips should be untouched.

I totally agree… It’s bad enough that I’m losing 20% off the order… while I understand that they have to take some money, because they live off it… 20% is A LOT…

But also 20% of the tip?? Really? I just sold a gig for 105$ and only got 89$ out of it…

Isn’t there a way to check tips and messages? If someone is ASKING for tips to avoid the 20%, it should clearly be against the rules and should be reported…

But I think it’s really saddening that you barely get anything out of even tips. I feel like tips should be untouched.

It’s bad enough that I’m losing 20% off the order

You’re welcome for the orders Fiverr got you 😉

20% is A LOT…

80% that you get is more 😉

Isn’t there a way to check tips and messages?

Sure it is. Let’s hire someone to go through those flagged messages. Oh wait, that would probably increase commision to hire people for that 😦

I love fiverr before starting work on fiverr my earning was 0. and now I earned more than 10K only because of fiverr so this 20% fees doesn’t matter.Fiverr changed my life

We using fiverr site to get order and doing business. So I think 20% is not a big problem for me…I got 80% only because of fiverr 😍

It’s bad enough that I’m losing 20% off the order

You’re welcome for the orders Fiverr got you 😉

20% is A LOT…

80% that you get is more 😉

Isn’t there a way to check tips and messages?

Sure it is. Let’s hire someone to go through those flagged messages. Oh wait, that would probably increase commision to hire people for that 😦

"Sure it is. Let’s hire someone to go through those flagged messages. Oh wait, that would probably increase commision to hire people for that 😦"

so… filtering messages for “paypal” etc is no problem, but filtering for “tip” is impossible? sure thing

"Sure it is. Let’s hire someone to go through those flagged messages. Oh wait, that would probably increase commision to hire people for that 😦"

so… filtering messages for “paypal” etc is no problem, but filtering for “tip” is impossible? sure thing

OK, I lost interest in this.

It’s like déjà vu. Every few weeks there’s another seller thinking Fiverr is robbing their hard earned 20%.

You might be right in someway but it is up to the admin to detect that, i personally think commission on tips is totally unjustified.:frowning_face:

but it is up to the admin to detect that

That would mean that they’d have to hire more people, and guess who’d pay for that? They’d have to increase the commission (and not just on tips), and you’d be earning less.

but it is up to the admin to detect that

That would mean that they’d have to hire more people, and guess who’d pay for that? They’d have to increase the commission (and not just on tips), and you’d be earning less.

but i thought the 20% commission is even more than enough for them.

Archived