Why Have I Not Made Any Sale? Help!

flippaguru

I know it’s hard to be the new kid in town…I learned it’s a good idea to get friends or family to order a gig from you to get the ball rolling…so you will get a few good reviews and not be in “brand new” condition. Good luck to you!

I learned it’s a good idea to get friends or family to order a gig from you to get the ball rolling…so you will get a few good reviews and not be in “brand new” condition.

Actually, that advice is outdated. Fiverr did encourage new sellers to do that a few years ago, but now, if your friends or family members order from you and leave a review, it’s review manipulation. They can order if they really need your service, but they shouldn’t leave a review.

Hi! I think you should review your gig description. I only looked at the first one and it seems you need to focus more on what your service provides than the conversation you’d like to have with people. OF COURSE it’s important to show yourself as a kind, professional seller but you should display this through your messages sent to clients and eventually your reviews will show how great of a person you are to work with. Maybe say a few lines on your work ethic and then delve into the kinds of services you provide. Right now your services a very basic (there are thousands of sellers with the same offers), I suggest you spice up your services and find a way to sound like your offering something totally unique compared to all the others here. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Hi! I think you should review your gig description. I only looked at the first one and it seems you need to focus more on what your service provides than the conversation you’d like to have with people. OF COURSE it’s important to show yourself as a kind, professional seller but you should display this through your messages sent to clients and eventually your reviews will show how great of a person you are to work with. Maybe say a few lines on your work ethic and then delve into the kinds of services you provide. Right now your services a very basic (there are thousands of sellers with the same offers), I suggest you spice up your services and find a way to sound like your offering something totally unique compared to all the others here. Hope this helps, and good luck!

@diasy13 There is no way to differentiate one’s service from other because Fiverr gave everyone the same pricing table to use in their gig’s description. . So one is limited in what they can put in their gig’s description…

@diasy13 There is no way to differentiate one’s service from other because Fiverr gave everyone the same pricing table to use in their gig’s description. . So one is limited in what they can put in their gig’s description…

I wasn’t referring to the pricing table… I was referring to the description where you describe what your service is in the ‘about gig’ section…there is a word count limit (1,200 characters) but thats about it, you can put whatever you want in the description.

I wasn’t referring to the pricing table… I was referring to the description where you describe what your service is in the ‘about gig’ section…there is a word count limit (1,200 characters) but thats about it, you can put whatever you want in the description.

@diasy13…You have got to be kidding…You know the gigs do not pay much and you cannot overpromise if you’re offering WordPress installation because WordPress installation involves

1. creating a database
  2. uploading WordPress files
  3. uploading a theme and plugins

There is nothing else to add to the WordPress installation process…You can purchase my wordpress installation gig and you will see what I am talking about

@diasy13…You have got to be kidding…You know the gigs do not pay much and you cannot overpromise if you’re offering WordPress installation because WordPress installation involves

1. creating a database
  2. uploading WordPress files
  3. uploading a theme and plugins

There is nothing else to add to the WordPress installation process…You can purchase my wordpress installation gig and you will see what I am talking about

You have got to be kidding

Yikes! This is your response when someone tries to help you out? Even if you do not agree or wish to use their advice, it’s still advice none the less. I think I’ll pass… good luck!

I suggest you spice up your services and find a way to sound like your offering something totally unique compared to all the others here

@flippaguru Here is a quote of her advice. I don’t know where you found the word promise in here, but I don’t see it. She is saying your description is boring, bland, and that it needs something to catch the eye.

Pretty much the opposite of what your looks like now.

I suggest you spice up your services and find a way to sound like your offering something totally unique compared to all the others here

@flippaguru Here is a quote of her advice. I don’t know where you found the word promise in here, but I don’t see it. She is saying your description is boring, bland, and that it needs something to catch the eye.

Pretty much the opposite of what your looks like now.

@loganstover everyone is offering the same thing and I know that…Its all because fiverr gave everyone the same template…Please use common sense before you respond…Guess common sense is not common

Wow! Really? I was trying to help, why don’t you check out my 102 5 star reviews and tell me i’m overpromising. Where did I say to overpromise? You should only overpromise if you can overdeliver, which is probably something you cannot do anyways. So much for your description about respecting people. The responses you are giving people right now is the reason you have no orders. Fiverr is not the place for you. Dont come on here looking for adivce if you’re going to be rude.

@loganstover everyone is offering the same thing and I know that…Its all because fiverr gave everyone the same template…Please use common sense before you respond…Guess common sense is not common

Please use common sense before you respond

And boom goes the dynamite.

A) No one (except you) is talking about the requirements of what Wordpress developers are able to use in their set up.

B) You gigs look like they were thrown together. They lack anything at all that would entice a buyer to buy from you.

So let me get this straight. You have 0 sales. You come on the forum to ask for advice. Then when people try to help you, you lash out and say rude things. Good luck there. I am sure you are going to do “just great” around here.

Fiverr is not the place for you

100% on point.

Wow! Really? I was trying to help, why don’t you check out my 102 5 star reviews and tell me i’m overpromising. Where did I say to overpromise? You should only overpromise if you can overdeliver, which is probably something you cannot do anyways. So much for your description about respecting people. The responses you are giving people right now is the reason you have no orders. Fiverr is not the place for you. Dont come on here looking for adivce if you’re going to be rude.

@diasy13 I’m not trying to be rude…I just tell it like it is…

Writing a good gig description=overpromising? Yikes, then all the sellers I’ve been seeing out there with hundreds of good reviews and awesome gig descriptions must be cheating the system somehow!

There is of course a place for detailing technicalities, and it’s not in a sales pitch. You’ve got one chance to impress your customer; you don’t do that by simply listing out the details of your job. You tell them why you’re better than anyone else offering the service. Emphasize your qualifications, your dedication to getting the job done.

If you think that’s overpromising…well, then, I’m not sure what to say. I’m sure buyers would rather go with someone who promises that level of experience and dedication and then delivers.

Writing a good gig description=overpromising? Yikes, then all the sellers I’ve been seeing out there with hundreds of good reviews and awesome gig descriptions must be cheating the system somehow!

There is of course a place for detailing technicalities, and it’s not in a sales pitch. You’ve got one chance to impress your customer; you don’t do that by simply listing out the details of your job. You tell them why you’re better than anyone else offering the service. Emphasize your qualifications, your dedication to getting the job done.

If you think that’s overpromising…well, then, I’m not sure what to say. I’m sure buyers would rather go with someone who promises that level of experience and dedication and then delivers.

If you think that’s overpromising…well, then, I’m not sure what to say. I’m sure buyers would rather go with someone who promises that level of experience and dedication and then delivers

@somaginer1996 You gave an excellent and detailed response…Thanks a lot…

If you think that’s overpromising…well, then, I’m not sure what to say. I’m sure buyers would rather go with someone who promises that level of experience and dedication and then delivers

@somaginer1996 You gave an excellent and detailed response…Thanks a lot…

Its not a joke a lot of sellers on fiverr overpromise on the gigs…I can show you some sellers that overpromise on the gigs

@flippaguru, I see you have had your fiverr account since 2015. Did you have the account long before you started selling or is it that you have not had a sale since 2015?

I see you have had your fiverr account since 2015. Did you have the account long before you started selling or is it that you have not had a sale since 2015?

@idostuff4u yes and you’re a smart man. I had the account long before I started selling…I had the account in 2015 and did not do anything with it…I did not have any service to sell when I opened my account in 2015 because I was still researching what to sell…I just started selling this in March of 2018…

Sorry if this is rude, but you would have to be completely out of touch with your own expertise to overpromise on a simple Wordpress installation…

Sorry if this is rude, but you would have to be completely out of touch with your own expertise to overpromise on a simple Wordpress installation…

Have you ever done a manual wordpress installation in your life…If yes, tell me what would you do different from others?

I don’t think you’re getting my point. Overpromising and writing a gig description detailing your qualifications and dedication is not the same thing. You can do one without doing the other, and you can definitely spice up your gig description and make it better without lying about your actual services.

Have you ever done a manual wordpress installation in your life…If yes, tell me what would you do different from others?

I have actually done hundreds of manual WordPress installations.

I would explain why people need a WordPress site.

With the rise of WYSIWYG built websites, why would someone pay you to install Wordpress when they can build their own? AND manage it with ease?

What makes WordPress a good web platform?

You need to put yourself in the mind of your buyer. That’s all I’m going to give you because you are obviously an arrogant person who doesn’t know the first thing about mutual respect.

No one said anything about overpromising…absolutely no one. I advised that you spice up your description so people have a reason to buy from you. That means make your sales pitch unique to others. Throw in somewhere that your work is professional, and quality and the experience is top notch.You don’t have to lie to make it intriguing. Simply listing what you do isn’t going to make you stand out. That’s what I was trying to tell you in the initial post I took time out of my day to write for you.

Archived