Why I stopped offering Unlimited Revisions!

elmalak

As I designer I find it more comforting for clients when I offer a package of my gig with unlimited revisions, and although the price for this package is considerably higher, I got a client who ordered it and I was really happy with that.

Doing my best, creating a draft, tweaking it, then creating a second design and getting a reply, Phenomenal! and then he keeps asking for tweaks which I do happily and submit.
Then I get a Revision request and I take care of it and submit again but then I get a Second request ans so until today, the 5th Revision request which I did and submitted again to finally get a Marked as Complete.

An to my absolute surprise, I get a 2.5 star-review!
After all the time spent( around 6 days), 5 revisions, he simply says" It also said unlimited revisions, but that was not the case."

Well, I am really disappointed by this kind of behavior and will never offer Unlimited revisions again to anyone.

• 8 months later...

If someone is spending their hard earned time on work for me, I’d appreciate it. i do graphic designing and it takes more focus than my full time job, and all that attention to detail. So I know that anything a seller does, as long as they communicate well, I couldn’t leave them a poor review if they were working with me. But that’s just me & I deal with customers at my job like this.

If someone is spending their hard earned time on work for me, I’d appreciate it. i do graphic designing and it takes more focus than my full time job, and all that attention to detail. So I know that anything a seller does, as long as they communicate well, I couldn’t leave them a poor review if they were working with me. But that’s just me & I deal with customers at my job like this.

The strange and funny thing that I noticed is that old clients often forget to leave feedback thinking that they had already rated my work and think that they don’t need to leave one for each project!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think relatively new sellers don’t have a choice. It makes customers have the feeling that you are flexible and willing to work because they might not have seen enough reviews to judge you.

I still give unlimited reviews for now.

I fully agree with you. After all, a buyer cannot be sure how good a seller is. Offering unlimited revisions really helps when you’re starting out.

I fully agree with you. After all, a buyer cannot be sure how good a seller is. Offering unlimited revisions really helps when you’re starting out.

Well, I’ve been offering one free revision since day one so I’d say it isn’t really helpful. To be honest, Been thinking of getting rid of free revisions completely.

Hey @elmalak, I understand your situation. I personally feel at this point, because I am new to this platform, and have received no work yet, that offering unlimited revisions in my service may seem appealing to potential buyers. With that said, I can sympathize with why one would opt out of offering that, especially if you are an established seller here. I believe that not everyone values the time, energy and effort that goes into actually completing a job well, and that offering Anything unlimited could potentially be abused. I Hope that you don’t allow such instances of abuse to deter your efforts as an excellent seller!

Hey @elmalak, I understand your situation. I personally feel at this point, because I am new to this platform, and have received no work yet, that offering unlimited revisions in my service may seem appealing to potential buyers. With that said, I can sympathize with why one would opt out of offering that, especially if you are an established seller here. I believe that not everyone values the time, energy and effort that goes into actually completing a job well, and that offering Anything unlimited could potentially be abused. I Hope that you don’t allow such instances of abuse to deter your efforts as an excellent seller!

@sefsvoice, I understand your point of course and agree with you that as a New Seller you might need to do that at the beginning but after a while you will probably need to opt-out due to possible abusers of this feature.

Best of luck.

@sefsvoice, I understand your point of course and agree with you that as a New Seller you might need to do that at the beginning but after a while you will probably need to opt-out due to possible abusers of this feature.

Best of luck.

Thank you elmalak. I appreciate your input and advice. I wish you the very best as well!

Sincerely,

Sef

Well, I’ve been offering one free revision since day one so I’d say it isn’t really helpful. To be honest, Been thinking of getting rid of free revisions completely.

From personal experience, buyers have rarely asked me for more than 2 revisions. Once passed this number, it was clear that I could’t meet their requirements. After all, buyers don’t want to waste their time asking for modifications, and they will cancel the order.

At the same time, however, buyers want to get their money’s worth and “unlimited revisions” gives them that reassurance, and almost illusion, that they can get exactly what they want.

I have noticed that any seller who request revisions even just once dont usually leave positive reviews.

They believed you are not 100% perfect in what you are doing.

I have noticed that any seller who request revisions even just once dont usually leave positive reviews.

That’s not necessarily true. There are many reasons why buyers ask for revisions and plenty more for not leaving reviews. And I’ll give you an example: I have a returning buyer who has ordered from me several times and hasn’t left yet the first review. Ask me why… :roll_eyes:

That’s not necessarily true. There are many reasons why buyers ask for revisions and plenty more for not leaving reviews. And I’ll give you an example: I have a returning buyer who has ordered from me several times and hasn’t left yet the first review. Ask me why… :roll_eyes:

I have a returning buyer who has ordered from me several times and hasn’t left yet the first review. Ask me why… :roll_eyes:

Same here, where do these buyers go? 👻

Its not always true but most of the times, I don’t receive 5 star from buyers that request for revisions.

Am interested in the concluding part of your buyer that doesn’t leave review

From personal experience, buyers have rarely asked me for more than 2 revisions. Once passed this number, it was clear that I could’t meet their requirements. After all, buyers don’t want to waste their time asking for modifications, and they will cancel the order.

At the same time, however, buyers want to get their money’s worth and “unlimited revisions” gives them that reassurance, and almost illusion, that they can get exactly what they want.

On the other hand, one and zero revision could present you as a confident person who really knows what he/she does. Assuming you’re one of those people. When I started my Fiverr venture, I immediately saw the “plot holes” in the conception of unlimited revisions.

Archived