Why I was shown warning?

azizar186

one buyer asked
"Former US diplomat Foggy Bottom reside on GWU campus, need personal assistant personal work initially professional work afterward. At first, you work from my residence and later from anywhere. "

I answered: “Yes, I can do this.”

another buyer said, “Well how about 60?”

I answered: “ok, deal”

After this when 2nd buyer replied I was shown a warning message instead of the actual replay message!

Again I got an email from fiverr
"
To create a fair and respectable marketplace, we ask that you do not try to manipulate or find workarounds to ‘trick’ our system. This is considered as improper behavior and a violation of our Terms of Service.
This is your first reminder. Another violation of Fiverr’s TOS will result in a demotion of your current level.
"
Can anyone please tell me which Terms of Service I have violated by above replay?
Thanks in advance

Guest offlinehelpers

one buyer asked

"Former US diplomat Foggy Bottom reside on GWU campus, need personal assistant personal work initially professional work afterward. At first, you work from my residence and later from anywhere. "

After this when 2nd buyer replied I was shown a warning message instead of the actual replay message!

"

To create a fair and respectable marketplace, we ask that you do not try to manipulate or find workarounds to ‘trick’ our system. This is considered as improper behavior and a violation of our Terms of Service.

This is your first reminder. Another violation of Fiverr’s TOS will result in a demotion of your current level.

"

Can anyone please tell me which Terms of Service I have violated by above replay?

Thanks in advance

Foggy Bottom - seriously? :rofl:

Would you actually be prepared to move to George Washington University?

I’m unclear as to why there were two buyers, but I think you’ve been had to be honest.

one buyer asked

"

"

Thanks in advance

Um, bizarro request!

At first, you work from my residence and later from anywhere

You reside in Bangladesh and you’re willing to travel to FSoggy Bottom, Washington D.C. for $60 bux? :thinking:

No wonder why you received this warning.

GWU is a pretty cool campus. But, yeah, you should’ve kept it movin’.

one buyer asked

"

"

Thanks in advance

one buyer asked

You obviously had no idea what you agreed to do.

He was telling you that he needed you to work in his home, which is in a part of Washington D.C.

Why would you agree to do this for $60? Do you even know what he wanted you to do? Or where? You are lucky you weren’t banned for agreeing to this.

By agreeing to work in someone’s home you are violating the terms of service of fiverr. Don’t just blindly agree to anything without even understanding what the job is.

Never agree to work outside of Fiverr. I had a client that created a freelance platform, and offered to hire me there and give me lots of work.

I declined, outside of Fiverr I’m not protected. I might be asked to share information that could expose me to identity theft.

Whatever personal information gets exchanged on Fiverr needs to be related to the order. If you’re being paid to fix wordpress errors, your client can create a login e-mail and password for you, he can share it on Fiverr.

s***e? Only for people who teach things on s***e. Addresses? Only for flyer designers that need to put them in the document.

If you’re a resume writer, you still have to communicate on Fiverr. Calling your client on the phone might allow him to harass you later on, post your number all over the internet, etc.

Never agree to work outside of Fiverr. I had a client that created a freelance platform, and offered to hire me there and give me lots of work.

I declined, outside of Fiverr I’m not protected. I might be asked to share information that could expose me to identity theft.

Whatever personal information gets exchanged on Fiverr needs to be related to the order. If you’re being paid to fix wordpress errors, your client can create a login e-mail and password for you, he can share it on Fiverr.

s***e? Only for people who teach things on s***e. Addresses? Only for flyer designers that need to put them in the document.

If you’re a resume writer, you still have to communicate on Fiverr. Calling your client on the phone might allow him to harass you later on, post your number all over the internet, etc.

Never agree to work outside of Fiverr.

I think this should be corrected as “Never agree to WORK or COMMUNICATE outside Fiverr”

My guess is that english is not your first language…

As another user pointed out, you agreed to travel to Washington DC from Bangladesh to work as a personal assistant for a grand total of $60. I’m pretty sure this wasn’t your intention… lol

It’s a bit funny but it’s very serious. You don’t have to be a native or perfectly fluent English speaker to work with English clients. But please, for your own sake, make sure your understanding and command of the language is to snuff, So you don’t do things to get yourself banned, scammed, hacked, or otherwise taken advantage of by mistake. I understand how hard it is around the world and in different countries, but you don’t do yourself any favors in situations like this. Protect yourself!

one buyer asked

"

"

Thanks in advance

You ask us to read the ToS and figure it out for you. Read them yourselves and find out.

Never agree to work outside of Fiverr.

I think this should be corrected as “Never agree to WORK or COMMUNICATE outside Fiverr”

True, you worded that better. However, there are s***e gigs where you do communicate outside of Fiverr. There are also buyers that want you to sign non-disclosure agreements (I never do that), which would end up revealing private information about yourself.

My point is, if you’re unsure, just communicate on Fiverr, and remember that everything you write can be used against you. Sarcasm, exclamation points, those can lead to account warnings.

Um, bizarro request!

At first, you work from my residence and later from anywhere

You reside in Bangladesh and you’re willing to travel to FSoggy Bottom, Washington D.C. for $60 bux? :thinking:

No wonder why you received this warning.

GWU is a pretty cool campus. But, yeah, you should’ve kept it movin’.

No, I think he is going to sponsor visa for me and he can’t find any personal assistant in the whole USA :rofl:

Actually, in the past I work from clients pc through remote desktop, so I thought this may be the case, besides, did I share any contact details?

thanks for your replay

How come there is a second buyer? As I know Fiverr does not support group chat (correct me if I’m wrong).

I never agree on this kind of request plus I never share my personal details with them.

I didn’t share any contact details, just said I can do this! and I said I only replied 2 buyers message before I was shown the warning!

one buyer asked

You obviously had no idea what you agreed to do.

He was telling you that he needed you to work in his home, which is in a part of Washington D.C.

Why would you agree to do this for $60? Do you even know what he wanted you to do? Or where? You are lucky you weren’t banned for agreeing to this.

By agreeing to work in someone’s home you are violating the terms of service of fiverr. Don’t just blindly agree to anything without even understanding what the job is.

Of course I am not going work from his home in Washington DC!

I thought he want me to work from his own pc through remote desktop.

I said there were 2 buyer I replied message to before I was shown the flag!!!

1st buyer:

2nd Buyer:

Thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely be more careful from now on.

I’m unclear as to why there were two buyers, but I think you’ve been had to be honest.

Please find honesty in yourself and take a closer look to understand

1st buyer

2nd buyer

I just pasted last replay with the 2nd buyer. I was shown warning after replied to these 2 messages before warning…so I pasted both.

Please find honesty in yourself and take a closer look to understand

1st buyer

2nd buyer

I just pasted last replay with the 2nd buyer. I was shown warning after replied to these 2 messages before warning…so I pasted both.

60 for doing what, if it’s the second buyer?

Since you’re obviously not aware of it: Foggy Bottom is not a real name, and someone was making fun of you and your English (also, they asked you to work from their residence, meaning from their home, so you have agreed to travel to the USA and work from their home; a ToS violation).

You might find yourself in an article or a video making fun of Fiverr sellers who agree to something they shouldn’t agree to, possibly something similar to what PewDiePie did.

one buyer asked

"

"

Thanks in advance

need personal assistant personal work

Would you like to share with us, what types of personal work your gig offers?

Since you’re obviously not aware of it: Foggy Bottom is not a real name, and someone was making fun of you and your English (also, they asked you to work from their residence, meaning from their home, so you have agreed to travel to the USA and work from their home; a ToS violation).

You might find yourself in an article or a video making fun of Fiverr sellers who agree to something they shouldn’t agree to, possibly something similar to what PewDiePie did.

The second buyer asked me to write title and keyword for 100 images and I offered him 50 images for that price, then he said “Well how about 60?”

I thought the 1st buyer wants me to work from his computer through remote desktop!

I will be more careful from now on.

Thank you

Archived