Why Is ASMR not a thing, on Fiverr

steve_maxell

Why would you pay for ASMR here when you can get it free on Youtube. I’d rather watch it live and maybe leave a tip here and there than to pay a bunch of money here.

Well, I love ASMR works like a charm on my savage soul. Someone might pay for a video tailored just for them. Certain triggers and whispering just for them. Just a thought.

Well, I love ASMR works like a charm on my savage soul. Someone might pay for a video tailored just for them. Certain triggers and whispering just for them. Just a thought.

It’s not a bad idea, I just don’t think it would work. How long are ASMR videos? Typically 30 minutes or more? It would cost alot. Voiceovers, etc. work on Fiverr because people NEED something personalized - they can’t just grab something off Youtube. Maybe if Youtube wasn’t overly saturated with free videos then ASMR might of worked - I just don’t see it being successful on here anytime soon.

Bob Villa is already on broadcast TV for free. 😉 I think ASMR might not fly well here because people offering custom videos might get requests primarily for extra-extra special (ToS problematic) content. If that was a concern I could see popular VO artists being too nervous to risk it as a gig. It might be a great niche, though. Someone will try it sooner or later.

Bob Villa is already on broadcast TV for free. 😉 I think ASMR might not fly well here because people offering custom videos might get requests primarily for extra-extra special (ToS problematic) content. If that was a concern I could see popular VO artists being too nervous to risk it as a gig. It might be a great niche, though. Someone will try it sooner or later.

custom videos might get requests primarily for extra-extra special

This exactly. Sellers would be banned instantly.

Just googled asmr videos.I have personally never listened to them but I have tried listening to sounds of nature like a running river or birds chirping or the melody of the air as it caresses the field etc.
It is very relaxing experience and helped me sleep well,sometimes when I was feeling stressed

Just googled asmr videos.I have personally never listened to them but I have tried listening to sounds of nature like a running river or birds chirping or the melody of the air as it caresses the field etc.

It is very relaxing experience and helped me sleep well,sometimes when I was feeling stressed

Its bizzare , but some of us have a nervous system this works on

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I have my answer …

I recently tried to open up a Fiverr account for recording personalized ASMR messages. I supplied multiple FAQs and example recordings as well as an original image and detailed pricing options, I linked my Google Account and verified my email, so what’s the issue? I know they cracked down on review submissions but I’m not doing anything other people aren’t already. Just weird and a little frustrating to see a random kid with a potato offer to record a five-second video and get approved, while I’…

• 1 month later...

Hi there, could you please tell me more about this issue regarding ASMR gig on fiverr. I’m a level one ASMR seller on fiverr but for some Reason fiverr stopped letting asmr gigs show in search results. I contacted seller support and they said that “asmr is not their focus at the moment” and “while my gig is still active” i can Promote it on other social media.

It’s not a bad idea, I just don’t think it would work. How long are ASMR videos? Typically 30 minutes or more? It would cost alot. Voiceovers, etc. work on Fiverr because people NEED something personalized - they can’t just grab something off Youtube. Maybe if Youtube wasn’t overly saturated with free videos then ASMR might of worked - I just don’t see it being successful on here anytime soon.

Hi there, it is actually very successful i was able to reach level 1 in just one month of doing asmr on fiverr. But for some Reason fiverr is not showing asmr gigs in search results anymore.

Hi there, could you please tell me more about this issue regarding ASMR gig on fiverr. I’m a level one ASMR seller on fiverr but for some Reason fiverr stopped letting asmr gigs show in search results. I contacted seller support and they said that “asmr is not their focus at the moment” and “while my gig is still active” i can Promote it on other social media.

ASMR is kind of controversial. It isn’t likely Fiverr is going to push it and it’s possible they will eventually deny gigs that offer it. I would try other platforms as well if this is all you do. If you can provide other standard services, try that.

Fiverr are restricting certain categories of gigs, ASMR seems to be one, and I heard Cosplay related gigs were another. I think both are part of their current direction of trying to appear more professional. I think it’s a shame, the idea of being to order anything you want (as long as it doesn’t breach TOS) at a really reasonable price, is part of what made this platform really cool.

• 2 months later...

Archived