Fiverr Community Forum

Why is it a good idea to "Post gigs on social media"?

Well, at least one person read your post @eoinfinnegan … tl;dr …

4 Likes

That’s correct, but if you have a framework in place to get you that level of social interaction and reach, you’d be better served dealing with clients directly. If you are a recognised expert in your field, if you have a following, etc. send people to your website and deal directly with clients. Don’t pay 20%, don’t have to deal with cancelations and chargebacks and bad reviews, etc.

If you can get clients on social media, keep them there. Advantages all around.

2 Likes

That’s a whole other discussion whether it’s worth directing clients to Fiverr or not.
If you can get on board with the Bring Your Own Buyer system it would be a good idea. No fees and some more sales on your profile, positive reviews and whatever else. Presumably would or should help in Fiverr rankings.

There’s other pros and cons but prob would be steering off topic here.

2 Likes

One more than I expected

5 Likes

I agree, there’s no point. If people want to hire me, I get paid more directly and it’s less hassle.

2 Likes

I did too! :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

No idea about it :thinking:

@eonfinnegan What great post!! Wish I can give it :heart: :heart: :heart:

(the long one, I mean)

3 Likes

I never shared my gig on social media, but getting sales very often. I don’t want to tell what country is spaming this social platform sharing method, but it doesnt work. They all are in same groups and sharing the gigs over there, its like sharing a video to your friends group.

2 Likes

I love this very much! We need to know how to manage social media. Most of the cases we are spamming there.

1 Like

I don’t get it either, I don’t know why someone would give fiverr 20% of an order if they did all the work in finding a buyer.

you have your own ideas and everybody i allowed to share their thoughts but i m not agree with you. i have other ideas and

That’s not my point. I don’t mind Fiverr taking 20% commission for giving me a platform to advertise my services, and to earn money, etc.

My point is highlighting the barrage of bad advice and false hope that some inexperienced sellers feel qualified in dishing out on these forums.

1 Like

That is completly right ive never heard a succes story of someone posting his gigs allover the places

1 Like

Im new here so Ive also seen fiverr tips saying advertising my gig 300% more chances to get an order but i am not going to do that because its just spam and If i will ever advertise my gig i will do it in communities with people sharing the same interest in my niche
the rest of it forums social media etc just make you look desperate and its useless from my point of view
apart from that i will just be patient

3 Likes

For a new seller, this is a very informed comment! Excellent.

1 Like

just trying to be rational i mean when i see something posted all over the places popping out in my face (spam) i surely dont like it or it doesnt make me show any interest in it especially doing business with such person :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes. I have no idea why so many people think that you more you post something, the more likely you are to get a lot of sales from it. It makes no sense. You won’t even get one sale.

3 Likes

Hi English_Voice,
I’m a newbie in this Fiverr world. Would you think doing some promoting on LinkedIn may be worthwhile? Trying to get my head around how to get a buyer to trust a new seller.
Michael

I did advertising on Facebook and got 3 sales out of it. I guess it’s just the way how you advertise