Why is it forbidden to say Usernames on The forums?

mrmoffattplayz

It’s not only a “privacy” problem. You are calling out someone who can not defend themselves because they wouldn’t be aware of you discussing them and potentially causing hateful discussions around that person.

Thank you for telling me this. I was always confused of why it was forbidden. Thank you very much again

• 5 months later...

@uk1000 May I ask in your replies to these “professional designers” do you deliberately skip the part where you say “all your portfolio images are stolen artwork, please remove that”, are you on a level that it happens so many times that you chose to ignore it and just go with the flow, or you do not check their images?

I don’t check the images to see if they already exist on the web or whether or not someone is the original creator etc. I mostly concentrate on things like the text of the gigs. I might check the text in the images. Also we have to be careful about forum rules too.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:02 PM, marinapomorac said:

How can forum rules prevent us from saying: Mr. [removed] you stole everything from this user [removed] and place it as your own, his images and portfolio.

The community standards say “Posts may be edited or removed for extreme language or negatively calling buyers/sellers out by username”.

Fiverr is a place where professionals across hundreds of industries come to grow their business. To maintain a respectful, inclusive, and safe environment for everyone, we’ve updated a set of standards to serve as a moral compass for behavior in our community. We see the community standards as a “living document” and plan on updating them in an ongoing process. The community standards include five sections: Integrity and AuthenticityIntellectual PropertyObjectionable ContentViolence and Cr…

So I’m not sure the forum is the best place to accuse a seller of something like that.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:08 PM, uk1000 said:

The community standards say “Posts may be edited or removed for extreme language or negatively calling buyers/sellers out by username”.

So I’m not sure the forum is the best place to accuse a seller of something like that.

@mjensen415 Help on this, kindly, please. So this “new graphic designer” is here asking for advice on his GIG. In order to do that we have to check his GIG and images provided.

If we discover that let’s say he took all the artwork from [removed] and [removed]

is it, according to forum rules, not allowed to mention this here?

I have been wrong all this time?

I mean, this is what I do. I see, I want to help, I help, or if I notice it is stolen artwork I suggest being replaced with the original. I mean, most of us do that here, no one ever said it is against the forum rules.

I am asking solely to get the green light for future occasions.

On 9/22/2020 at 12:31 PM, marinapomorac said:

@mjensen415 Help on this, kindly, please. So this “new graphic designer” is here asking for advice on his GIG. In order to do that we have to check his GIG and images provided.

If we discover that let’s say he took all the artwork from [removed] and [removed]

is it, according to forum rules, not allowed to mention this here?

I have been wrong all this time?

I mean, this is what I do. I see, I want to help, I help, or if I notice it is stolen artwork I suggest being replaced with the original. I mean, most of us do that here, no one ever said it is against the forum rules.

I am asking solely to get the green light for future occasions.

Hi.

If you’re posting links to your own Gigs/page then it’s fine. We discourage linking others. Mainly because we’ve seen that in doing so the intent is to “call out” others for something they’ve done.

The reason we have you use your Fiverr account name as your forum name is that we can get around posting links like this. “Hey, i need help” you know who it is and can find their page quickly.

How can forum rules prevent us from saying: Mr. [removed], you stole everything from this user [removed] and place it as your own, his images and portfolio.

If you do come across a profile or account that is using trademarked or work that is violating copyright law then you need to report it to support@fiverr.com. “Calling out” someone here on the forum doesn’t help resolve the issue and our support staff have the means to investigate and contact the user.

Please use the systems that are in place (Forum flagging, support contact) when you see something is not “right”.

Help on this, kindly, please. So this “new graphic designer” is here asking for advice on his GIG. In order to do that we have to check his GIG and images provided.

Advice like “Make sure all the portfolio work on your account & Gig page is your own and not taken from anyone else” is a good forum reply for questions like that. In that, you’re offering solutions to an issue that you have come across.

Archived