Why Is It That

Why is it that you purchase a gig, make payment through paypal. The gig is cancelled because seller had to travel somewhere and we agreed that i would order again we he came back. The funds were returned to my fiver account, but guess what…I can’t withdraw my funds back to paypal, which means that I’m forced to use that money on a gig…What type of sheisty move is that??? How about if i don’t want to buy another gig??? This concept is not right at all…2 Thumbs Down!

2 thumbs down for not reading the terms and conditions when making an order.

You agreed to reorder when he came back, so I don’t see the big deal with not getting the cash back?

The reason might be that there is no justification for such a policy.

Fiverr will not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order refunds are returned to the buyer's balance and are available for future purchases on Fiverr.

I see you're also a Level 2 seller, I'm sure you're aware of the TOS ?

As @ryangillam said, this is what you agreed to when you claimed to have read and accepted the Terms of Service. Whether this is a good policy is arguable, but it is what you agreed to. So really, you cannot complain if you didn’t bother to actually read them.

Reply to @ryangillam: I’m starting to think you’re the fiver police around here…smh…lol…2 Thumbs down for me, because of my opinion of a sheisty system? What difference does it make if i agreed to buy the gig at a future date? My hard earned money, is my hard earned money point blank. Granted, i must of missed that part in the T.O.S, but all in all, it’s my opinion and I’m sticking by it. Sheisty Concept!!!

Reply to @ozzieuk: Thank you for that, i definitely missed it when i was going over the T.O.S.

wrong thread.

I don’t want to brag but I actually just bought a gig then got a refund and 2 days later I took it out no problem XD pfftt I got the best glitch hahhaah or is it because I made the $$ here?

matt_garry said:
  • I don't want to brag but I actually just bought a gig then got a refund and 2 days later I took it out no problem XD pfftt I got the best glitch hahhaah or is it because I made the $$ here?

If you could withdraw the money then it would have been because it is money that you have made here.

I don’t particularly like the policy, but it’s not really sheisty. Plenty of brick and mortars only offer “store credit” for ‘returns’. I generally don’t shop at those stores. :wink:

I think its Outrageous they don’t make your own funds available on your fiver card … let alone the make you wait 2 to 3 weeks for funds they have already collected

Reply to @armandoperalta: It’s their policy. If you don’t like it, your only real option is to not use the service.