Why is Revision considered late?

casted

I delivered a project 2 days before its due date. I recently received a revision request, which is fine, however why does the countdown clock say it’s late? Technically it isn’t late. The revision shouldn’t be considered being late.

Thanks,
Edwin

It is not considered late. The countdown timer shows “LA:TE” as if Fiverr penalizes sellers for revisions. However, this is not the case. The timer is just misleading in that you do not get penalized (your order is not going to actually be considered “late”) so long as your original delivery was on time.

I think it’s about time Fiverr removes the LA:TE timer on revisions. I have also heard of some possible reasons (from other forum users) why Fiverr hasn’t yet removed the LA:TE message in the timer. One such possible reason: nudges sellers to re-deliver as soon as they possibly can. 🙂

It’s considered late because the delivery time has elapsed. Although it’s on revision, it doesn’t change the fact that you’re unable to deliver promptly at the given time on the order. To avoid this you could request for your client to shift the delivery time forward.

That’s not accurate. You still delivered on time.

When I said deliver promptly at the given time on the order, I meant, deliver what the buyer wants. Delivering an order doesn’t mean the buyer has to always accept it if it doesn’t suit them. If you are able to deliver what the buyer wants before it reads late, then your job is fully done. That’s why Fiverr suggests delivering an order a day or few before the end of the delivery time frame, just in case there’s a revision.

I’m not going to go into detail here, but Vicvera is incorrect. Revisions after the fact have no basis to what is on time or not. As long as you deliver the order before the initial time, that’s what counts. Any revisions that run over after this initial time do not affect your delivery rate.

• 1 year later...

I had the similar experience. Your first submission must be on time it doesn’t matter if you are late with revision. Your order would fall in the completed category. But try your best to manage it on time along with the revisions. As it marks a great impression when you deliver before time & the buyer is satisfied as well.
All the best & happy freelancing 🙂

There is so much incorrect information given in this forum. As long as a seller delivers the initial work on time there is no late mark even though the big red LATE would suggest otherwise. This should really be removed as it just causes confusion. Certainly don’t request a time extension as suggested by other sellers, it’s not necessary. Of course, we all aim to get the work spot-on the first time but revisions are requested for a variety of reasons, it’s not a bad thing. All you need to do is communicate with your client as to when you’ll be delivering the revised work, asap is best.

If your delivery is later than the original “intended delivery” time… and you have not went through resolution to request for an extension, even if the client accepts the “extension” AFTER the original delivery time… your order will be marked late.

From Customer Service: what I can tell you about the On-Time delivery rate is that after the order has been marked as ‘late’, we cannot set it to its previous status. That is why it is important to have constant communication with the buyer and ask for a time extension some time before the deadline, just in case the buyer is not available at the moment.

Once the order passes the deadline, Support cannot remove it from the rate.

I know this has nothing to do with the original post but it’s a good to know.

Archived