Why, oh why, is this order request declined? I’ve tried it three different ways, but I keep getting the same “no”, with a rather useless mail accompanying it.
First, here’s the request:
I need help fixing a wordpress problem. The wordpress site has been installed using Softaculous and has worked fine for a while now. However, starting today, I am unable to place any posts. The new-post editor in the backend simply isn’t working. I cannot even select it. So… I need someone to fix this bug for me.
Delivery Time - 24 hours
Budget - €4.73
So, I get this mail:
Unfortunately, your Gig request “I need help fixing a wordpress…” did not pass our review due to one (or more) of the following reasons:
• It was misleading/unclear
• It contains contact information (i.e. Skype, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
• It contains payment information
• It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
• You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request
Repeating these violations can result in your account being restricted.
For more information, please read our Terms of Service.
How is my gig violating the policies? Why is there no way whatsoever to find out what it is they are expecting from me? I mean, I tell EXACTLY what I want (have my editor in Wordpress fixed), I have not included contact or payment info, and the request matches the categorie “Wordpress --> Bugfixes”.
So seriously, why is this one not being accepted?
I’ve tried it three times, each time with different wording and more information, but what? Surely, a WP professional (or even a well-versed amateur) could fix this…?