Fiverr Forum

Why is your gig not showing up in search results or appears very low? (EXPLANATION THREAD)

Many of you have recently noticed that your impressions/clicks are not as high as they used to be. You also notice that your gig appears on the last page of the search results.

Customer Support and many other people on this forum say that Fiverr is running some tests on the search algorithm which causes you to rank really low in the search results. Over the last 3 days, I’ve seen a ridiculous amount of people complaining about their gigs not showing up in search results or appear really low. If you can’t find your gig on the first page, it’s probably because it’s on the last. If you have edited gig tags, title, etc, your gig has to go through a review process before it appears in search results.

This has caused many sellers to not get any orders. From all the information I have gathered:

• Once your stats (Response rate, completion rate, etc) go back to normal, your rank increases
  • If you had any negative reviews within a certain time period, your gig automatically goes to the end of the search results.

There have been way too many new threads made about this in a very short period of time.
Here are something you can do;

• Update your gig and make it stand out.
  • Do more marketing for your gig, it will bring up your stats.
  • Repeat buyers (not applicable to everyone)
  • If you do get an order, do everything to satisfy the buyer, and receive a 5-star review.
  • Be patient, Fiverr constantly changes your gig ranks.

If you can’t find your gig at all, you should contact support here.

NOTE: Fiverr CS or anyone on this forum can’t help you bring you gig back up to the first page (most of the time). All we can do is give you tips on how you could possibly do it. You must take action, you won’t see results if you don’t put any effort into it.

Reference links:

If I missed anything, or something is not right, please let me know.

Thank you for reading,
Dima

13 Likes

On the contrary. I recall I found my gig being in the last page for a couple of months in 2015 the first time, and with support’s help, it was again restored to it’s appropriate position. Then again in 2016, and 2017 too, I recall. Granted, more than one ticket was needed over the months they were wrongly indexed, as I always got a different response.

But as it’s so widespread now, they may have made changes lately to how a gig goes to the last page.

And especially if a gig is not indexed at all, CS has always helped with that too. Though usually just editing the gig again has indexed it, without outside help. They even have a ticket category now for gigs not being indexed, and the ticket tool checks if your gig is indexed or not, before allowing you to send the ticket.

4 Likes

It is very helpful for me. Thanks for share :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks for your tips