Why my gig doesn't appear in search results?

stachuvo

I have had this happen a couple of times with new gigs, and I have found the site to be buggy in that area. I cannot find your gig via search either, so since the gig is new, I would personally create a new gig (basically a duplicate of the one you have), pause the old one and publish the new one. I have found this to work in my case.

Recently one of my gigs had disappeared from search as well. When I contacted support they suggested the following:

• use specific keywords in gig title
  • pick the right category when setting up a gig
  • add keywords into gig description
    -add tags
    This solved the problem for me, and my gig started showing again. I see you are from Poland, why don’t you add “Polish Voice Over” into your gig title, you can describe your tone of voice in your gig description. Don’t forget to choose “Polish” under language, and add the following tags–polish, voice, voice over. You can also set up a second gig for voice over in English with a polish accent. If you try all these and it won’t work make sure to open a ticket with customer service, they will be able to help you. Best of luck!

I’ve found that if it’s newer than 7 days or so , it sometimes goes through an editorial review… which in my case … my gig showed up in the gig search for a day or 2 … then it stopped … and I was in the middle of submitting a ticket for a different reason when I found out that it was in the editor review process and later it was re-submitted into the search results. So in my case it got cycled in … perhaps before my video was approved… then for one reason or another it was removed from search while going under a review … and rejected for saying something about putting a web link in there … but because I already had a ticket pending on the gig for a different reason , they pushed it through the review process and within a day or 2 it was showing up in the recommended section and new section again.

Hope this helps
-Video Store

Careful creating multiple gigs of the very same type. Fiverr’s search algorithms may see that as diluting the market and lower your gig in the search results respectively. This is coming from various things I’ve read over the course of 3yrs … There is by no means an exact known science for it. From what I understand, the fiverr editorial staff likes to see more variety in gigs to say the least. So keep that in mind and perhaps delete the paused gigs sooner maybe once your gig shows back up. However , I think my post about them taking a sort of “editorial review” may be happening in your cases… so there’s that for thought. - Good luck!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I faced the same problem for hours.
I was in the first result for months when someone searched for ‘flipbook’ in search box.

But after updating one of my new gigs, fiverr asked me to edit the content category/subcategory.
I did the work and got the new gig approved after some hours. But then, my well resulted main gig didn’t appear in any related search results. Gig impressions were good and didn’t have any negative feedbacks. It looked like something went wrong after updating a new one.

Finally, I decided to contact fiverr support center and got the problem solved. So, I think best to contact them providing your details if you still face the same problem.
John Smith,

Hi, I faced the same problem for hours.
I was in the first result for months when someone searched for ‘flipbook’ in search box.

But after updating one of my new gigs, fiverr asked me to edit the content category/subcategory.
I did the work and got the new gig approved after some hours. But then, my well resulted main gig didn’t appear in any related search results. Gig impressions were good and didn’t have any negative feedbacks. It looked like something went wrong after updating a new one.

Finally, I decided to contact fiverr support center and got the problem solved. So, I think best to contact them providing your details if you still face the same problem.
John Smith,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will tell you a solution for that.just log out on your fiverr account or use another browser that you don’t have log in to your account .then search your gig.it must in right place now. 🙂

Fiverr doesn’t work like that. I don’t need to sign out from my account to find my gigs in the search.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I have created 2 Gigs and published. They are now in active. But they do not appear on search result. I have written title, description with proper keywords. Also placed relevant tags.

Search for any gig that pulls up search results…

I mean it … just search for something like a testimonial… let some gigs pop up…

THEN - Go to the top right and filter your search by New Arrivals or Relevance…

Your gigs should pop up next time you type your gig title in the search bar…

You only seem to get the filtering option up there at the top right once you’ve pulled up some kind of search results… So follow those directions carefully.

Pro-Tip: Have aunt sally buy one of your gigs for $5 and leave a review.

Your gig will not appear in normal searches because it now contains a review.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived