Fiverr Community Forum

Why not getting orders in januray?

Hi there! I have recently joined fiverr and i earned in december alot but in january orders suddenly stopped i don’t know why ? Please anyone let me know what is the main problem ? Does this happens every year?
Thanks

8 Likes

Many seller facing this problem in January… So, Don’t worry for that… You can share your gig on social media and you can ask your old buyers, is they have need to modify their services. If you can impressed them, you can get some orders.

4 Likes

In December-January The buyers are in vacation mode. That’s why it happened. Don’t worry In February you will get order soon. Keep you patient.

3 Likes

can you explain why this happens because i need to boost it in this month until febraury come. ?

2 Likes

thanks for the consolation but are people on vacations in january too?

1 Like

For me January is always a great month because people come to new year with their NY resolutions and start a year always strong.

nobody can tell you why it happens, there are so many factors in play, your niche, your work, what you are doing to get clients, how you approaching it etc etc.

5 Likes

I think she will have more clients in February; she is doing websites…

People are probably in “planning mode” now, so some gigs like planning / graphics might see an increase, a precursor to creating websites? (Just my guess)

4 Likes

I can tell you for a fact that it’s not true :wink:
I don’t do websites but I still get a lot of requests for web design. It’s not just “January” thing, people who sell, can sell their services throughout the year.

5 Likes

yeah maria i can tell you that i didn’t do anything wrong , im working properly for every client and do the same what they want but what i got from not getting orders in january is that people are in vacations and from december to january so thats why many people complaint about not getting orders in january usually …

2 Likes

well maria i want to get more comments on why the orders suddenly stop in january thank you for the opinion it will help me in the future :grinning:

2 Likes

yeah your right (just a guess too ) im getting comments that i will get more orders in february …, i s that true?

1 Like

It’s not a January, or Christmas or a blue moon thing :wink: orders can stop anytime of a year if algorithm is not showing you to clients anymore.

And of course your order can stop anytime if you don’t do anything to attract clients and only relying on fiverr algorithm to show you in searches. That is not a scalable business and you can loose your income anytime if algorithm suddenly rotated you.

Do you really think people take 2 months vacations?

3 Likes

if you have someone who wanna make wordpress website so i am a professionl website designer you can refer me to those clients as well :smiley:

1 Like

No, I can not. That’s not how it works. I wouldn’t put my reputation on the line sending my clients to sellers that I never worked with.

3 Likes

ahan i think they take vacations from 25 december to throughout january :smiley:

2 Likes

:smiley: actually you are a logo designer so i was talking to get clients for website designer :smiley:

1 Like

actually the fact that you are getting orders that you are working since 4 years and you have make your clients extremely happy so thats why they come to work with you in tough times even

1 Like

That’s still the same answer :wink:
How I can send my clients (for web design or not) to someone whom I never worked with and don’t know what quality of work they provide and how professional they are and what level of customer service they provide? I wouldn’t risk my reputation with that.

2 Likes

and so i am make my clients extremely please with my quality work thats why in the first month i got many orders :smiley:

As much as I love to agree… because I am a new seller as well and hope that these “silent periods” are temporary, @mariashtelle1 made much more sense.

It takes time, I believe it’s just the algorithm “rotating” thing.

3 Likes