Fiverr Community Forum

Why Order completion rate decrease?

Hello Fiverr Community,
my order completion rate was 100%, on January 27th I canceled an order, the rate is
decreased to 86%. I thought the rate will increase over time but yesterday I found that it decreased
at 80%. I can’t understand how the system calculates this rate?
if anyone has more information on this topic, please let me know.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Check this out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560198-Order-Completion-Rate-and-Cancellations-FAQ

4 Likes

Here are some tips please follow:-

Promote your gig on social media and send buyer requests and struggle to get orders. Your order completion rate will be increased soon.
Thanks.

3 Likes

@seoforglobe Don’t copy forum posts

The above is from the forum rules.

Edit: I see you just withdrew it and posted the same link again.

Copied posts will be flagged by the community.

3 Likes

@lloydsolutions I have changed my message. Thanks for advising me.

2 Likes

I had the same problem, it is that as the the cancelled order will complete the 60 days durations and it will be automatically be removed from the system your rate will increase as for now the orders completed before the cancellation order are being removed too as there duration of 60 days has been finished that is effecting your rate now but as the cancelled order will be removed and you’re rate will be back to 100% if till that time no order has been cancelled.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @lloydsolutions

4 Likes

Thank you @seoforglobe

2 Likes

I hope so ! thank you very much @studio_96

1 Like

Check this out Unfair Rating BY FIVERR - #7 by blavaro

See how Delivery on Time goes down from 83% → 80% → 75% → 67% and then suddenly, out of nowhere, back to 100%. You can see how “outgoing” orders from 60 days course influence the metrics.

It´s the same with order completion or response rate.

4 Likes

So useful , Thank you so much @blavaro