Why processing fee 2$ already?

olek_albul

What do you mean? Has the processing fee raised from $1 ($6 total for a $5 order) to $2 ($7 total for a $5 order)?

Yes it has - from the ToS. ☀️

Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a service fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid.

Yes it has - from the ToS. ☀️

Service fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of May 2018, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $2 on purchases up to $40 and 5% on purchases above $40. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a service fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include service fees paid.

Wooow.

They have really firmly decided to drive themselves into the ground in the span of the next 3 years.

Might even do it better than Yahoo themselves.

Thank you for the answer, @offlinehelpers. Appreciate it.

What do you mean? Has the processing fee raised from $1 ($6 total for a $5 order) to $2 ($7 total for a $5 order)?

I don’t know why it hasn’t changed for me yet. (I know it’s supposed to be a good thing but it’s a bit unfair to everyone that it hasn’t changed completely/consistently hahaha)

fee.png.9cc9d8a03b0764cc73675c9c539b9902.png

I don’t know why it hasn’t changed for me yet. (I know it’s supposed to be a good thing but it’s a bit unfair to everyone that it hasn’t changed completely/consistently hahaha)

fee

You’re a seller too? If you pay from your balance, you don’t pay the processing fee.

You’re a seller too? If you pay from your balance, you don’t pay the processing fee.

Yep, I’m a seller too. Yes, I also use balance to purchase stuff – I was just experimenting from another browser I’m not logged in my Fiverr account to see if it did change from my end and I noticed the processing fee is still $1 for a $5 gig. 😅

Yep, I’m a seller too. Yes, I also use balance to purchase stuff – I was just experimenting from another browser I’m not logged in my Fiverr account to see if it did change from my end and I noticed the processing fee is still $1 for a $5 gig. 😅

That’s right, I just tried logged out as well and it shows $1. Maybe it changes to $2 once you’ll click the order button, but that would be a very bad move, so hopefully it just is in the May ToS already and only starts the month of June or something.

Did anyone who posted about the change actually buy and pay the $2 yet? I can’t remember to have seen any screenshot.

At least, we can be pretty safe in assuming it’s not a beta test if it’s in the ToS? 😉

Yes it was surprise for me as well, few days ago I’ve paid only 5$+1$ for a basic gig. But on May 24, I’ve logged in and ordered basic gig for a translation and was shoked of a new value of processing fee: 5$+2$.
I’ve checked couple other gigs, because I assumed that new price was only for this specific gig. But not all other gigs have also 2$ fee.
I’m from Ukraine, maybe they test new policy by location. But we should defanetly give a negative feedback for their tries.

order.png.b5c2f440a9baeb0f9b9efb467c2f4ff6.png

That’s right, I just tried logged out as well and it shows $1. Maybe it changes to $2 once you’ll click the order button, but that would be a very bad move, so hopefully it just is in the May ToS already and only starts the month of June or something.

Did anyone who posted about the change actually buy and pay the $2 yet? I can’t remember to have seen any screenshot.

At least, we can be pretty safe in assuming it’s not a beta test if it’s in the ToS? 😉

Yes, I paid the $2 “service fee” today.

I was on the fence, and almost left the website.

I won’t be using Fiverr anymore.

I’ve been using fiverr for YEARS, but a 40% service fee is underhand, and disgusting.

Additionally, I believe sellers get paid $4…so there’s a fee on their end as well.

Yes, I paid the $2 “service fee” today.

I was on the fence, and almost left the website.

I won’t be using Fiverr anymore.

I’ve been using fiverr for YEARS, but a 40% service fee is underhand, and disgusting.

Additionally, I believe sellers get paid $4…so there’s a fee on their end as well.

Yep, we lose 20% too, so on a $5 gig, Fiverr gets almost half. (Split $3 Fiverr/$4 seller.) If you sell something for $5 on Amazon (low volume sales) it’s $1 Amazon/ $4 seller. All that’s without paypal/credit card fees, etc. but you get the point. It’s quite ridiculous.

Archived