Why remove "add to cart" function?

yohame

Many Buyers are not happy with Fiverr’s decision. Hopefully, more Buyers will speak up about it, maybe they’ll have a change of heart. Ya never know!

As of today, Wednesday March 28th 2018. I cannot see the shopping cart in the header menu (it has simply disappeared). Also the button to “add to cart” has been removed from gig pages, and checkout pages. No news, or notice from Fiverr. What is going on? First team account prepaids are gone, next the shopping cart…?

• 4 weeks later...

As a seller, I just learned about the missing shopping cart today. I don’t like any changes that make things harder for buyers. I imagine Fiverr won’t bring it back unless the amount it loses from buyer defections outstrips the amount it makes from increased transaction fees.

As a seller, I just learned about the missing shopping cart today. I don’t like any changes that make things harder for buyers. I imagine Fiverr won’t bring it back unless the amount it loses from buyer defections outstrips the amount it makes from increased transaction fees.

I imagine Fiverr won’t bring it back unless the amount it loses from buyer defections outstrips the amount it makes from increased transaction fees.

If that’s the way they operate, and probably it is, we won’t get the cart back before a proper Fiverr competitor comes along.

What pisses me off, is how Fiverr handled this. No notice. No explanation.

Simply disrespectful to users and unprofessional.

But after I nagged them about having a support article on using the shopping cart. They removed it! So someone is listening at least…

removed: https://buyers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-the-shopping-cart

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Previously if you added everything to your cart and checked out at the same time you only had to pay a $2 service fee. Now that you have to check out each time you have to pay that $2 service fee each time. It is a way for Fiverr to make more money without people realizing is. A bit of a shady way to raise costs while hiding it from customers. Why not just tell customers we are raising prices to $7 per gig? Because then you couldn’t call it Fiverr?

Archived