Fiverr Forum

Why remove my gig?

why remove my gig for wpmu plugins? all there plugins are gpl license. which gives me the right to sell or give them away as i see fit as i have paid for them.

is it because i mention wpmu in the gig? tell me why please. this is what i see

Your gig potentially violates 3rd party copyrights or trademarks

Your gig title, description, tags or image violates Fiverr’s Terms of Service

just a little info for people.

Does the GPL allow me to sell copies of the program for money?

Yes, the GPL allows everyone to do this. The right to sell copies is part of the definition of free software. Except in one special situation, there is no limit on what price you can charge. (The one exception is the required written offer to provide source code that must accompany binary-only release.)
Does the GPL allow me to distribute copies under a nondisclosure agreement?

No. The GPL says that anyone who receives a copy from you has the right to redistribute copies, modified or not. You are not allowed to distribute the work on any more restrictive basis.

If someone asks you to sign an NDA for receiving GPL-covered software copyrighted by the FSF, please inform us immediately by writing to license-violation@fsf.org.

If the violation involves GPL-covered code that has some other copyright holder, please inform that copyright holder, just as you would for any other kind of violation of the GPL.

If I distribute GPL'd software for a fee, am I required to also make it available to the public without a charge?

No. However, if someone pays your fee and gets a copy, the GPL gives them the freedom to release it to the public, with or without a fee. For example, someone could pay your fee, and then put her copy on a web site for the general public.

Ask Customer Support. They would have the best answer for you.

yea i tried they dont respond very quick.

I work predominantly in open source software it’s been a passion of mine for many many years since the inception of the OSI and it drives and empowers now day to day business here in the UK. If you’re selling the flat plugins that you just simply downloaded from the web then it’s probably a tad unethical if they can be acquired on the web, free (as in speech) now if you are adding some value add then it becomes a different story, what was your gig to do anyways?

what is unethical about selling something i paid for?

are you saying GPL is unethical?

if they didnt want someone reselling the plugins then why use GPL?

just so you know these are plugins that i pay $80/month for

ozzieuk said: If you're selling the flat plugins that you just simply downloaded from the web then it's probably a tad unethical if they can be acquired on the web, free
I disagree with that definition of ethical. I think that there are MANY things on the web for free, BUT the web is a huge place. If you dont know where to look and someone else did the leg work for you then there is nothing wrong with collecting a finders fee. That is what life is all about, knowledge. Not everyone gets paid for what they do. Some people get paid for what they know. You can get a free diagnosis of any disease from any free medical website, so why do you pay your doctor? Because of what he knows.

so i resubmitted another gig not mention the name of the website or the name at all…

got denied again.

its funny how they can quickly deny a gig but cant respond to customer support…

i guess ill just stick with the other fiverr like sites because they seem to know what GPL is

*edit… also this time i was not even given a chance to change anything on the gig. it was just straight denied